Sr. Principal IT Solutions Architect -Will sponsor a clearance- BostonBusinesses Raytheon Missiles & Defense Clearance type Secret Relocation eligible Yes Ability to Telecommute Part time telecommuting Job ID 187150BR Most Recent Date Posted 09/12/2021 City Andover State MA Country United States
At Raytheon Missiles & Defense, by combining our vast resources and investments, we are able to dedicate ourselves to solving mission-level vs. product-level customer – together we can anticipate more, move faster and make a bigger impact on the big picture.187150
The RMD System and Solutions Integration (SSI) team is seeking a Principal Solutions Architect to support design and development of complex, custom information systems for our customers. Successful qualified candidates will have experience working with system architects and engineers to develop high-level and detailed infrastructure design artifacts. This position may require some overtime to meet scheduled milestones, as well as limited travel for site installations.
Responsibilities to Anticipate:
- Act as an authority on advanced technologies such as: enterprise storage, virtualization, containers, cloud, server, networking, cybersecurity, hyperconverged infrastructure, and appropriate process and environment selection
- Act as an Architectural Design Authority for the domain, able to communicate risks and impacts of design changes to technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Develop and maintain detailed documentation that describes technology reasons, roadmaps, requirements, and the relationship between people, process, and the technology components.
- Drive complex solution development of innovative technologies that deliver business value
- Assist and support solution architecture to carry out team activities
- Support and guide teams towards resolving complex business and technology
- Efficiently learn and develop architecture models using SysML, ArchiMate, or BPMN
- Ability to prepare and present status, plans, and risks to senior and executive leadership
- Communicate and manage relationships with internal teams and key vendors like
- VMware, Nutanix, NetApp, EMC, HPE, Dell, and internal partners and contractors.
- Provide personal development of key technical team leaders through coaching, mentoring, and technical disciplines
- Support the development and continuous improvements to architectural processes and reviews
- Act as a key contributor & reviewer at segment level architecture reviews
An advanced degree in a related field may be substituted for additional years of experience as follows: Master’s is equal to 3 years of experience, or a Ph.D. is equal to 5 years of experience
Qualifications You Must Have:
- Bachelor’s in Science, Technology, Engineering, or Mathematics (STEM) and 10+ years of professional experience in Information Technology or in lieu of a degree candidate will need additional 8 years of experience for a total of 18 years
- Experience developing both high-level and low-level requirements-based infrastructure system designs
- Experience leading IT/Systems infrastructure engineers to create detailed design artifacts
- Experience with and improving IT infrastructure performance
- Experience providing oversight of infrastructure implementation activities, including incorporating architecture design changes as dictated by integration issues
- Experience with architecture frameworks and views
- Experience with US Government security standards
- Must be a US Citizen, US Citizen Status is required as this this position will need a DoD Secret Security Clearance
Qualifications We Value:
- Strong communication skills - oral, written and presentation.
- Must be able to work effectively as part of an inter-organizational team as well as an individual contributor.
- Enterprise architect certification (ToGAF, DoDAF, etc.)
- Experience performing design activities in an agile process environment
- Current Secret or Top-Secret Security Clearance
What We Offer:
Whether you are just starting out on your career journey or are an experienced professional, we offer a robust total rewards package that goes above and beyond with compensation; healthcare, wellness, retirement, and work/life benefits; career development and recognition programs. Some of the superior benefits we offer include parental (including paternal) leave, flexible work schedules, achievement awards, educational assistance and child/adult backup care.
This position requires either a U.S. Person or a Non-U.S. Person who is eligible to obtain any required Export Authorization.
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.