Sr MMIC Design EngineerBusinesses Raytheon Missiles & Defense Clearance type Secret Relocation eligible Yes Ability to Telecommute Part time telecommuting Job ID 184964BR Most Recent Date Posted 08/03/2021 City Andover State MA Country United States
At Raytheon Missiles & Defense, you have the opportunity to try new things and make a bigger difference across a broader end-to-end solution, a richer technology and product set, an expanded range of disciplines, a growing global footprint and a more diverse team of colleagues and customers.
An exciting opportunity exists for a Senior MMIC Design Engineer to join our Advanced Microelectronics Solutions Department (AMSD) at Raytheon Missiles & Defense in Andover, MA.
AMSD develops, designs, and manufactures compound semiconductor devices, microwave/millimeter-wave integrated circuits, and modules for defense applications. The successful candidate will develop RMD’s state-of-the-art MMIC products that support air and missile defense systems and radars. Using advanced semiconductor and module technologies, he or she will be responsible for the complete product cycle of the MMIC, including concept, design, layout, test, evaluation, and interfacing with the customer.
Responsibilities to Anticipate:
- Develop insights that extend your knowledge in the MMIC design field and form the basis of new concepts, theories, and products.
- Act independently to uncover and resolve issues
- Research and develop new technology that results in new product/business opportunities for Raytheon
- Serve as a technical resource and represent the Department as a technical contact to Raytheon and external customers
Qualifications You Must Have:
- Bachelor’s in Electrical Engineering, or related engineering curriculum
- Five years of relevant work experience with RF/microwave/mmW MMIC design and test
- Proficiency in Circuit Simulation tool ADS and in EM tools such as HFSS, Momentum
- Experience designing RF/MMIC circuits
- The ability to obtain and maintain a US security clearance. U.S. citizenship is required as only U.S. citizens are eligible for a security clearance
Qualifications We Value:
- Master’s Degree in Electrical Engineering or related engineering curriculum
- Broad background in theory and techniques of mmW/microwave circuits, design, and test
- Strong analytical skills
- Customer focus and collaboration skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Possess previous experience with a defense contractor and/or government agency.
What We Offer:
Whether you’re just starting out on your career journey or are an experienced professional, we offer a robust total rewards package that goes above and beyond with compensation; healthcare, wellness, retirement and work/life benefits; career development and recognition programs. Some of the superior benefits we offer include parental (including paternal) leave, flexible work schedules, achievement awards, educational assistance and child/adult backup care.
Clearance Information: This position requires the eligibility to obtain a security clearance. Non-US citizens may not be eligible to obtain a security clearance. The Defense Industrial Security Clearance Office (DISCO), an agency of the Department of Defense, handles and adjudicates the security clearance process. More information about Security Clearances can be found on the US Department of State government website here: https://www.state.gov/m/ds/clearances/c10978.htm184964
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.