Sr Mechanical Engineer - Environmental Test labBusinesses Raytheon Missiles & Defense Clearance type Secret Relocation eligible Yes Job ID 167643BR Date posted 09/01/2020 City Andover State MA Country United States
The Environmental Test Section of the Rapid Hardware Solutions Department is responsible for planning, performing and reporting on structural, dynamic, static, climatic, modal testing and other related Environmental Tests. The types of Environmental Tests include Proof of Design, Risk Mitigation, Proof of Manufacturing, Qualification and Engineering Tests on operating and non-operating hardware. Additionally, Environmental Test Section personnel develop environmental stress screening requirements and provide rapid response factory production support. The Environmental Test Section’s recent growth has caused a need for additional engineering depth.
• This role requires a minimum of 6 years of experience performing instrumentation planning and test conduct of all Environmental Tests including vibration, mechanical shock, temperature, altitude, humidity and structural testing.
• Dynamic and thermal data acquisition and analysis
• Provide test fixture design coordination
• Work independently and take ownership of program/project to achieve schedule, financial and technical goals
• Prepare test plans, schedules, test reports and technical documentation of project work assigned
• Work directly with design engineering, structural analysis personnel, manufacturing engineering and commercial customers
• Mentor and provide test guidance to junior section members
• Provide technical expertise to programs as needed
U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position will need a U.S. Security Clearance within 1 year of start date.Except in rare circumstances, only U.S. citizens are eligible for a security clearance.
• Minimum 6 years of environmental Test background, with vibration, shock and thermal test experience required
• Experience with Environmental Stress Screening (ESS) vibration and thermal profile development
• Working knowledge in one or more of the following areas: Signal processing, data acquisition, field test instrumentation, and structural testing
• Knowledge of vibration and shock fixturing is desired
• Proficiency with Siemens LMS Simcenter/Test.Lab and Unholtz-Dickie vibration control systems/software
• Working knowledge of HALT/HASS testing and specifications is desirable
• Proficiency in Modal Test execution
• Experience using military standards including MIL-STD-810
Ability to work in a team environment and manage multiple concurrent projects
• Proficiency using Microsoft Office Suite (Word/Excel/PowerPoint/Project)
Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Ability to obtain a clearance
BS degree in Mechanical Engineering
This position requires either a U.S. Person or a Non-U.S. Person who is eligible to obtain any required Export Authorization.
Raytheon Technologies is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.