Sr Manufacturing EngineerBusinesses Raytheon Missiles & Defense Clearance type Secret Relocation eligible Yes Ability to Telecommute No telecommuting Job ID 181574BR Most Recent Date Posted 07/20/2021 City Andover State MA Country United States
At Raytheon Missiles & Defense, you have the opportunity to try new things and make a bigger difference across a broader end-to-end solution, a richer technology and product set, an expanded range of disciplines, a growing global footprint and a more diverse team of colleagues and customers.
Manufacturing Engineers develop and improve manufacturing processes by studying products and manufacturing methods. They analyze product specifications to determine appropriate designs and processes that support these customer requirements. You would apply your skills to develop, test, modify, and create solutions through a collaborative effort with various teams.
Responsibilities to Anticipate:
- Developing Manufacturing Data Packages (MDPs) including assembly instructions, workflow/routing, labor standards, tool and fixture designs
- Supporting daily manufacturing areas with process troubleshooting, incorporation of engineering changes into the MDP
- Dispositioning non-conforming material with root cause and corrective action analysis as required
- Driving Continuous Improvement through process improvements to improve cycle time, reduce ergonomic risk to assemblers, automate, reduce costs (both direct and indirect) using Six Sigma principles and data driven decision making
- Providing real-time technical support to manufacturers and fabricators; in-house as well as the supply base.
- Some travel may be required for this position
Qualifications You Must Have:
- Bachelor's in Science, Technology, Engineering, or Mathematics (STEM), preferred majors in Manufacturing Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Industrial Engineering or related degree.
- 5+ years of Engineering experience
- Experience working in a manufacturing environment (can be through internships, coop work)
- The ability to obtain and maintain a US security clearance. U.S. citizenship is required as only U.S. citizens are eligible for a security clearance
Qualifications We Value:
- Excellent organizational skills with fine attention to detail
- Technical drawing interpretation, Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GD&T)
- Knowledgeandabilitytoapplysixsigmaprinciples and techniques
- ProficiencywithCADsolidmodeling tools (preference for CREO/ProE)
- Demonstratedhands-onmechanicalaptitudewiththeability to workacrossdisciplines
- Innovativemindsetthatdrivescontinuousimprovement and keepspacewithadvancesintechnology
- Ability to work in a teamenvironment
- Active DoD security clearance (secret)
- Experience with automated tooling, machinery and programming
- Experience with Refurbishment and Repair requirements and processing of Government Furnished Material (GFM) or Equipment (GFE)
- Proficient use of Microsoft Office suite (Excel, PPT, Project, Word)
Whether you’re just starting out on your career journey or are an experienced professional, we offer a robust total rewards package that goes above and beyond with compensation; healthcare, wellness, retirement and work/life benefits; career development and recognition programs. Some of the superior benefits we offer include parental (including paternal) leave, flexible work schedules, achievement awards, educational assistance and child/adult backup care.181574
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.