Sr Manufacturing Engineer IBusinesses Raytheon Missiles & Defense Clearance type Secret Relocation eligible No Ability to Telecommute No telecommuting Job ID 175426BR Most Recent Date Posted 04/08/2021 City Andover State MA Country United States
Who We Are:
Raytheon Missiles & Defense (RMD) Operations Engineering (OpsEng) provides premier engineering and manufacturing support expertise to enable on-time, lowest cost hardware delivery with performance and reliability that exceed customer expectations. OpsEng executes across all phases of a Program including proposal capture, process development, transition to production, and production support.
Operations Engineering's engagement with RMD products is not just limited to RMD manufacturing sites. We support our large supplier network and international builds with deployment of engineers. These engineers help to resolve supplier issues before they come into RMD factories; as well as helping to integrate Major End Items (MEIs) at domestic and international sites.
Your experience as an RMD Operations Manufacturing Engineer will position you well for organizational advancement along both technical and managerial career paths.
Apply your Manufacturing Engineering expertise to help in protecting our Nation and our Warfighters. Be part of the future of RMD Manufacturing.
The Operations Engineering East Directorate hosts the Core Engineering Department, which is home to the Industrial Engineering group. The IE group serves to provide support and analysis to RMD Operations through:
- Space and Facility Planning Project Management
- Create and Update factory layout proposed updates in AutoCAD
- Support analyses with process simulation tools
- Work area capacity analysis
- Conduct Utilization studies and report corporate metric
- Plan and support improvements to next generation platforms for Core Processes of Labor Standards, Model Based Process Sheet, Facility Planning, and more
U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position will need a U.S Security Clearance within 1 year of start date.
- Maintaining and Develop Floor Space Plans using 2D and 3D visualization packages.
- Providing project management during planning and execution phases of large and small-scale projects.
- Leading Office and Production Space Optimization planning and initiatives.
- Conducting Capacity Planning Studies to right size operations. These studies vary from macro to micro in scale. Specific enablers of Process Mapping, Discrete Event Simulation and Resource Planning are required.
- Executing Strategic Initiatives including Capital Asset and Internal Research and Development Planning
- Supporting enterprise level strategic alignment consistent with RTX Technologies Roadmaps
Basic Qualifications including Required Education:
- 5+ years of related experience working in a production environment
- Bachelor of Science degree in Industrial Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, or equivalent technical degree.
- Discrete Simulation experience
- Space Planning experience
- Experience with Lean Manufacturing and Six Sigma Methodologies
- U.S. Citizenship is required
- Working knowledge of the following tools
- Simulation Software, Simul8
- MS Project
- Project management experience
- Demonstrated problem solving skills and attention to detail
- Adaptable and willing to work varying and multiple assignments
- Self-motivated and excellent communication/written skills
- Track record of cross functional collaboration
- Active DoD security clearance (confidential, secret)
- Proficient use of Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, PPT, Word, Visio, Project)
Business Unit Profile:
Raytheon Missiles & Defense produces a broad portfolio of advanced technologies, including air and missile defense systems, precision weapons, radars, and command and control systems – delivering end-to-end solutions to detect, track and engage threats. Headquartered in Tucson, Arizona, the business generated $16 billion in pro forma annual revenue in 2019 and has 30,000 employees globally. Raytheon Missiles & Defense is one of four businesses that form Raytheon Technologies Corporation.
What We Offer:
Whether you’re just starting out on your career journey or are an experienced professional, Raytheon Missiles & Defense offers a robust total rewards package that goes above and beyond with compensation; healthcare, wellness, retirement and work/life benefits; career development and recognition programs. Some of the superior benefits Raytheon Missiles & Defense offers include parental (including paternal) leave, flexible work schedules, achievement awards, educational assistance and child/adult backup care.
This position requires either a U.S. Person or a Non-U.S. Person who is eligible to obtain any required Export Authorization.175426
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.