Sr Hardware Quality EngineerBusinesses Raytheon Missiles & Defense Clearance type Secret Relocation eligible No Ability to Telecommute No telecommuting Job ID 181954BR Most Recent Date Posted 09/22/2021 City Andover State MA Country United States
As a Sr. Hardware Quality Engineer embedded within the Production Value Stream you’ll be a high-value participant on cross-functional teams, bringing Quality Science skills and expertise to drive issue resolution and will also frequently interface with internal and external customers to include government agencies (DoD/MDA/DCMA).
Responsibilities to Anticipate:
- Process planning, inspection and test methodology as well as Non-Conforming Material Control, issue resolution and product acceptance.
- Defect prevention through data analysis and effective execution of Root Cause Analysis and associated Corrective Action Implementation.
- In addition, you’ll provide production floor support to address process and compliance issues from all levels.
- Implementation and analysis of Statistical Process Controls
- Process Mistake-proofing
- Facilitate weekly DPT meeting for area quality and engineering improvements
Qualifications You Must Have:
- Bachelor’s in Science, Technology, Engineering, or Mathematics (STEM)
- Minimum of 4 - 6 years of engineering related experience
- The ability to obtain and maintain a US secret security clearance. U.S. citizenship is required as only U.S. citizens are eligible for a security clearance
- Experience with analytical skills in root-cause analysis and/or corrective/preventive actions.
- General knowledge of industry technical standards (such as J-STD 001, IPC610).
- Class 5 Cleanroom Experience
- Optical inspection Experience
Qualifications We Value:
- Previous experience manufacturing printed circuit board assemblies (surface mount technology and thru-hole technology)
- Experience with quality systems, MDA Assurance Provisions, ISO/AS 9100, CMMI, quality concepts and general understanding of aerospace/defense regulations and standards
- Advanced Quality Science tool experience, e.g., PFMEA, DFMEA
- ASQ, Six Sigma Black Belt and/or Lean Certification
- Experience with Manufacturing Process Documentation Generation
- First Article Inspection (AS9102) familiarity
- General Statistical Process Control knowledge including implementation
- Knowledge of MRP tools (e.g., SAP)
- Statistical Process Control
- Mistake Proofing
- High Attention to detail
- Proactive approach to problem solving
What We Offer:
Whether you’re just starting out on your career journey or are an experienced professional, we offer a robust total rewards package that goes above and beyond with compensation; healthcare, wellness, retirement and work/life benefits; career development and recognition programs. Some of the superior benefits we offer include parental (including paternal) leave, flexible work schedules, achievement awards, educational assistance and child/adult backup care.
Clearance Information: This position requires the eligibility to obtain a security clearance. Non-US citizens may not be eligible to obtain a security clearance. The Defense Industrial Security Clearance Office (DISCO), an agency of the Department of Defense, handles and adjudicates the security clearance process. More information about Security Clearances can be found on the US Department of State government website here: https://www.state.gov/m/ds/clearances/c10978.htm
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.