Senior Test Engineer - 2nd shiftBusinesses Raytheon Missiles & Defense Clearance type Secret Relocation eligible No Ability to Telecommute No telecommuting Job ID 171384BR Date posted 11/11/2020 City Andover State MA Country United States
Test Engineering provides technical expertise to numerous manufacturing and development programs within Raytheon Missiles & Defense (RMD) Our work involves electronic hardware for radar, missile and combat systems. An opportunity exists for an electrical engineer to join the RF Head Factory team responsible for high volume production testing of RF Head Microelectronic assemblies.
This position is for a Salary Grade G08 Sr Test Engineer I. This is a second shift position which includes a 8% added pay differential.
U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position needs an active U.S. Security Clearance as of day one of employment.
Primary responsibilities include supporting test and troubleshooting of RF, Microwave, Analog and Digital hardware utilized across Raytheon Technologies Radar Portfolio. This position requires close cooperation with the Operations team and other engineering disciplines including Product Design, Test Development and Manufacturing Engineering. The candidate will possess good communication skills and be able to work in a dynamic team environment. Extensive on the job training is provided.
- Interpreting test requirements and documenting test procedures
- Analyzing data to drive issues to root cause
- Generating Change Requests (CRs) on technical issues relating to the production test process
- Developing and executing improvement projects to increase first pass yield
- Engagement with Design and Test Development teams to solve issues impacting production
- Ensuring hardware requirements are met and processes are followed
- Assisting manufacturing operators in the testing & troubleshooting of production hardware
- Supporting production test of Raytheon Technologies RF Heads supporting S, X and C band products
- Support High volume robotic test cell
- 4 years test engineering related experience
- RF, analog and/or digital test / troubleshooting skills
- Hybrid module and/or microelectronic experience
- U.S. Citizenship is required
- Master of Science degree in Electrical Engineering
- Knowledge of RF Microelectronic products
- Linux systems, MATLAB and Labview
- A continuous improvement mindset to enhance manufacturing test methods through process modernization
- Sound understanding of statistical analysis techniques
- Demonstrated success working in a fast paced manufacturing environment
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word and Excel
- Ability to travel as required
- Active SECRET clearance
- Bachelor of Science degree preferable in Electrical Engineering or Electrical Engineering Technology
Raytheon Missiles & Defense has been recognized as a respected employer and valued corporate citizen for our employment practices, programs and community support by a number of highly-regarded organizations. The list includes: Forbes, Glassdoor, National Veterans Small Business Association, Corporate Responsibility Magazine, Environmental Protection Agency, Affinity Inc. and many more.
What We Offer:
Whether you’re just starting out on your career journey or are an experienced professional, Raytheon Missiles & Defense offers a robust total rewards package that goes above and beyond with compensation; healthcare, wellness, retirement and work/life benefits; career development and recognition programs. Some of the superior benefits Raytheon Missiles & Defense offers include parental (including paternal) leave, flexible work schedules, achievement awards, educational assistance and child/adult backup care.
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.