Senior Principal Systems EngineerBusinesses Raytheon Missiles & Defense Clearance type Secret Relocation eligible Yes Ability to Telecommute Part time telecommuting Job ID 178184BR Most Recent Date Posted 04/20/2021 City Andover State MA Country United States
At Raytheon Missiles & Defense, you have the opportunity to try new things and make a bigger difference across a broader end-to-end solution, a richer technology and product set, an expanded range of disciplines, a growing global footprint and a more diverse team of colleagues and customers.
The Chief Engineer for the Deployment, Fielding & Sustainment (DFS) Integrated Product Team (IPT) will report directly to the Air and Missile Defense Product Line (PL) Chief Engineer, and the DFS IPT Director. The DFS Chief Engineer will interact with stakeholders in the Integrated and Cross Product Teams as well as program leadership, to ensure technical integrity and engineering execution across deployed systems. This position will directly interface with engineering, program management, domestic and international customers to plan and develop the deployment and sustainment capabilities for their Patriot Air and Missile Defense Systems
Responsibilities to Anticipate:
- Collaborate across the engineering organization to plan and apply advanced capability to multiyear roadmaps for DFS scope across the product line
- Perform as the primary technical point of contact with the customer senior technical counterparts, internal senior program management and engineering leadership for deployed systems. Evaluate field data to improve fault isolation and maintenance actions to achieve increased system readiness across the fielded units.
- This includes reporting, resolution, and governance for field issues, engaging with subject matter experts and the PL to drive issues through completion.
- International Travel will be required to support major end item maintenance and repair of deployed systems
- Bachelor’s in Science, Technology, Engineering, or Mathematics (STEM)
- Minimum of 10 years engineering experience, including prior experience in a technical leadership role across multiple aspects of the development lifecycle. The lifecycle includes system design, development, integration/verification, production, and sustainment
- Experience interacting directly on technical scope with Defense Industry customers
- Experience with globally distributed engineering execution organizations (CONUS and OCONUS)
- An active and in-scope Secret US security clearance
- Experience with support of fielded systems outside the United States
- Direct experience with International FMS programs and International Supplier’s/Partner’s engineering execution
- Direct experience with Patriot Programs in a technical role
- Direct experience in System Integration and Check Out at OCONUS locations
- Direct experience with Engineering Risks and Opportunities (R&O) Management
- Experience in strategic development or contract capture in the Defense Industry
Whether you are just starting out on your career journey or are an experienced professional, we offer a robust total rewards package that goes above and beyond with compensation; healthcare, wellness, retirement and work/life benefits; career development and recognition programs. Some of the superior benefits we offer include parental (including paternal) leave, flexible work schedules, achievement awards, educational assistance and child/adult backup care.
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.