Senior Manufacturing Engineer - 2nd ShiftBusinesses Raytheon Missiles & Defense Clearance type Secret Relocation eligible No Job ID 166468BR Date posted 09/21/2020 City Andover State MA Country United States
Raytheon Missiles & Defense (RMD) Operations Engineering (OpsEng) provides premier engineering and manufacturing support expertise to enable on-time, lowest cost hardware delivery with performance and reliability that exceed customer expectations. OpsEng executes across all phases of a Program including proposal capture, process development, transition to production, and production support.
Operations Engineering's engagement with RMD products is not just limited to RMD manufacturing sites. We support our large supplier network and international builds with deployment of engineers. These engineers help to resolve supplier issues before they come into RMD factories; as well as helping to integrate Major End Items (MEIs) at domestic and international sites.
Your experience as an RMD Operations Manufacturing Engineer will position you well for organizational advancement along both technical and managerial career paths.
Apply your Manufacturing Engineering expertise to help in protecting our Nation and our Warfighters. Be part of the future of RMD Manufacturing.
Provide microelectronic hardware operations engineering support to the RF Head Factory Microelectronics Assembly Area, with a focus on process improvement, cycle time reduction, defect prevention and the introduction of new hybrid electronic modules to production. Individual will be required to participate in process improvement initiatives, establishment of process base line metrics, and SPC implementation and process data analysis. The individual will be involved in the development and shaping of new hybrid module designs and volume processes to manufacture these designs.
Specific Responsibilities Include:
- Planning and incorporation of design changes
- Creating and overseeing projects using risk management techniques
- Translating engineering design requirements into formal manufacturing process documentation
- Computer programming for manufacturing automation
- Dispositioning of discrepant hardware
- Leading corrective action investigations to prevent recurrence
- Participate in process improvement initiatives
- Developing tooling concepts
- Technical interfacing with customers and suppliers
- Manufacturing process development and maintenance
- Conducting safety / ergonomic assessments
This position will require interaction with senior personnel on significant technical matters often requiring coordination between organizations and / or suppliers with some travel required.
U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position will need a U.S. Security Clearance within 6 months of start date.
- 4 years of Manufacturing/Operations Engineering experience
- Experience with the development of new hybrid manufacturing processes and transition to production of new products and processes to support volume manufacturing
- Experience with related military and industry standards and specifications disposition non-conforming material with root cause and corrective action analysis
- Experience with supporting a microelectronics assembly production floor, (process and/or quality focus).
- U.S. Citizenship
- Exceptional organizational skills with fine attention to detail
- Specialized Tooling Development (Jigs, Fixtures, Specialized Packaging Development)
- Experience supporting and programming Wire and Ribbon bonding equipment
- Knowledge and ability to apply Six Sigma principles and techniques
- Experience in DFMA principles
- Working Knowledge of MIL-PRF-38534 and MIL-STD-883
- Strong organization skills with ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Self-motivated and results oriented
- Innovative mindset that drives continuous improvement and keeps pace with advances in technology
- Proficiency with simulation tools and augmented reality
- Experience with PTC Windchill Product Data Management (PDM) System
- Experience with various automation systems
- Detail oriented with strong coordination skills
- Ability to contribute in a team settings as well as individually
- Proven written and oral communication skills, including presentation skills
- Demonstrated hands-on mechanical aptitude with the ability to work across disciplines
- Adaptability to varying work assignments
- Active DoD Clearance (Secret)
- Bachelor of Science degree in preferable in Engineering, Computer Science, Math, Applied Physics, or related technical degree.
Raytheon Technologies is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.