Senior APQP Quality EngineerBusinesses Raytheon Missiles & Defense Clearance type Secret Relocation eligible No Ability to Telecommute Part time telecommuting Job ID 183663BR Most Recent Date Posted 08/10/2021 City Andover State MA Country United States
At Raytheon Missiles & Defense, by combining our vast resources and investments, we are able to dedicate ourselves to solving mission-level vs. product-level customer challenges – together we can anticipate more, move faster and make a bigger impact on the big picture.
Develop and implement Advanced Product Quality Planning (APQP) and Production Part Approval (PPAP) methodologies to drive a proactive “Quality by Design” mindset at RMD that is based on industry proven APQP principles. To drive both infrastructure and deployment improvements to the PPAP review process through updates to standard work, tools and training. This Enterprise Quality position covers the entire RMD business and includes both strategic planning and tactical support tied directly to Mission areas/Site performance needs.
Responsibilities to Anticipate:
Must have proficiency with:
- AS9145 Advanced Product Quality Planning (APQP)/ Production Part Approval Process (PPAP) standard
- APQP/PPAP processes
- PPAP Core Elements
- Design Failure Mode and Effects Analysis (DFMEA)
- Process Flow Diagram
- Process Failure Mode and Effects Analysis PFMEA
- Control Plan
- First Article Inspection (FAI)
- Process Capability Studies and Measurement Systems Analysis (MSA)
- Development of Zero Defect Plan (ZDP)
- Work with Mission areas as Co-Lead of the APQP/PPAP deployment team
- Work with Mission areas to track PPAP metrics for leadership reviews
- Assist in the development of new and update of current training courses and support the manufacturing engineering and design engineering functions in the development of General PPAP Overview training, DFMEA and PFMEA training.
Support PPAP Deployment activity including:
- Understanding and capturing Mission areas and Functional training needs and scheduling training sessions
- Co-lead the weekly PPAP Deployment Team meetings as a participant and capture and report out on meeting minutes
- Coordinate updates to the PPAP metric tracking to assure monthly updates on progress
- Assist in continued development of the PPAP tools including functionality enhancements as well as incorporation of inputs to improve accuracy of the tools
Support various PPAP related design projects including:
- Part/Process Family strategies
- Risk Based Part Selection
- DFMEA, PFMEA
- Statistical Process Control (SPC) applications
- Measurement Systems Analysis (MSA)
Qualifications You Must Have:
- Bachelor’s in Science, Technology, Engineering, or Mathematics (STEM)
- Working knowledge of AS 9100 RevD and AS 9145
- Minimum 5 years of direct experience in implementing APQP/PPAP processes in an organization
- The ability to obtain and maintain a US security clearance prior to the start date. U.S. citizenship is required as only U.S. citizens are eligible for a security clearance
Qualifications We Value:
- 5 years of experience in Implementing APQP in Automotive industry
- Certified as CQE (Certified Quality Engineer) by ASQ (American Society for Quality)
- Working knowledge of TS 16949
Whether you’re just starting out on your career journey or are an experienced professional, we offer a robust total rewards package that goes above and beyond with compensation; healthcare, wellness, retirement and work/life benefits; career development and recognition programs. Some of the superior benefits we offer include parental (including paternal) leave, flexible work schedules, achievement awards, educational assistance and child/adult backup care.
Clearance Information: This position requires the eligibility to obtain a security clearance. Non-US citizens may not be eligible to obtain a security clearance. The Defense Industrial Security Clearance Office (DISCO), an agency of the Department of Defense, handles and adjudicates the security clearance process. More information about Security Clearances can be found on the US Department of State government website here: https://www.state.gov/m/ds/clearances/c10978.htm
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.