Regional Supplier Quality EngineerBusinesses Raytheon Missiles & Defense Clearance type Secret Relocation eligible No Job ID 164920BR Date posted 07/21/2020 City MA State Danbury Country CT
The Regional Supplier Quality Engineer (SQE) is the primary quality interface between Raytheon’s RMD organization and the external supply base. The SQE provides both communication of requirements and performance feedback to the supplier as well as being a conduit for Quality information back to internal functions within RMD. The SQE’s role includes execution of Supplier Assessments, First Article Inspection validation, Source Inspection, problem resolution, meeting facilitation and leadership, and continuous improvement activities. In addition, the SQE is a key player in the management of Supplier performance and development. The SQE represents RMD professionally and supports Raytheon Technologies Vision, Values, Strategy and Goals in the supply base.
Additional responsibilities will include:
• Interpreting purchase order quality notes and quality requirements to ensure subcontractor/supplier understanding
• Ensuring flow down of Product requirements both internally and to sub-tier suppliers and ensuring compliance with quality requirements
• Assessing subcontractor/supplier quality capabilities throughout the program life cycle to achieve full program objectives
• Identifying supplier risk and systemic performance issues ensuring root-cause analysis and corrective solutions are identified and implemented with closure plans
• Driving continuous product / process improvements using statistical / analytical improvement tools such as Six Sigma and lean methodologies
• Working with other Quality functions and Cross Business Teams (CBTs), to affect rapid closure of issues utilizing analytical capabilities and communications skills
• Managing Subcontract Data Requirements List deliverables
• Leading First Article Verification and Source Inspection
This position requires extensive (75%) local travel in the region.
The work location for this position is Southern Massachusetts, Rhode Island, and Connecticut.
- Minimum of 8 years of experience in Quality, Engineering, Supply Chain, or Operations discipline
- Knowledge of core Quality sciences
- Experience in Root Cause Analysis and Corrective Action
- Experience and knowledge of ISO 9001, AS9100, CMMI or Mission Assurance Provisions
- Experience utilizing Lean/Six Sigma or other contemporary methodologies and tools for continuous improvement
- Ability to read, comprehend, and communicate technical data to suppliers
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Independent, self-motivated individual with demonstrated success
- Strong leader that exhibits presence and influence
- General Statistical Process Control knowledge, including implementation
- Mechanical, Hi-Rel Electronics or RF product aptitude
- High degree of competence in mechanical inspection techniques
- General knowledge of aerospace / defense products and systems technologies
- General understanding of commercial and aerospace / defense regulations and standards
- General knowledge of industry technical standards (such as ANSI, CMMI, ASTM, etc.)
- Six Sigma, Lean and / or American Society for Quality (ASQ) Certification (CQE, CQM/OE, CSQE, CQA, CRE, etc.)
- MS Engineering / Technical or MBA
- Proven successes in building and maintaining relationships with multiple suppliers / customers
- Passionate, high-energy, self-starting team player who achieves goals and strives for continuous improvement
- Familiarity with and Expertise in Preventative tools - SPC, FMEA, QFD, etc.
- Experience in DoD product and process oversight including requirements, build, integration, test and delivery
- Ability to obtain a secret clearance
- Experience with working remote
Raytheon Technologies is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.