What’s YOUR Mission?
Here at Raytheon Technologies, we work together as one global team creating trusted, innovative solutions to make the world a safer place. Our innovation spans all domains: from land and sea to air, space and cyberspace. We’re inspired by a noble mission that’s shared by employees around the globe and an inclusive culture that empowers employees and celebrates their contributions.
Business Unit Profile
A global business headquartered in Tucson, Arizona, Raytheon Missiles & Defense brings customers the industry’s most advanced end-to-end solutions, delivering the advantage of one innovative partner to detect, track and defeat threats. RMD supports 29 countries around the world with a broad portfolio which includes air and missile defense systems, precision weapons, radars, command and control systems, and advanced defense technologies. RMD provides affordable, integrated solutions to a broad international and domestic customer base; we are one team with the expertise to look across the entire mission area and quickly deliver comprehensive solutions.
The successful Proposal Excellence Operations Lead will be responsible for the daily management and operation of complex RMD Capture/Proposal Development Centers (C/PDCs) throughout the US. The position encompasses the planning and logistics of all proposal activities and deliverables, while ensuring a successful and disciplined execution of Raytheon process and best practices. The Proposal Excellence Operations Lead will work with the proposal manager to identify resource requirements, develop and adjust staffing plan execution, set assignments, and prioritize proposal support issues.
The Proposal Excellence Operations Lead is responsible for the management, use, and update of the RMD Capture/Proposal Development Centers, ensuring effective and efficient deployment and use of collaborative proposal development tools and capabilities. The Proposal Excellence Operations Lead participates in the development, review and approval of all major Proposal Plans, provides C/PDC training, and develops processes, procedures and other support enablers as required to effectively manage RMD’s C/PDCs. The Proposal Excellence Operations Lead works with proposal managers to ensure RFP-compliant professional proposal documents are developed and delivered on time. They develop and manage the C/PDC operations budget to include training, expenses and capital improvements for the RMD C/PDCS. They work collaboratively with proposal managers and Proposal Excellence leadership on the specification, identification, testing, and selection of tools to simplify/automate proposal development. The Proposal Excellence Operations Lead will oversee an organization of approximately 3-5 people, geographically dispersed throughout the US. Must be able to travel domestically.
This position requires a current Secret U.S. Security Clearance. Except in rare circumstances, only U.S. citizens are eligible for a security clearance.
- U.S. Citizenship is required
- Active/Current US Secret Security Clearance
- 10+ years prior relevant work experience
- Must have strong capture and proposal knowledge
- Must demonstrate high skill level in production coordination to include planning, scheduling and workload management.
- Must have strong document management skills to ensure efficiency and quality in the production process to ensure delivery of error-free, high quality documents.
- Must have a working knowledge of the DoD acquisition processes and particularly RFP structure, compliance to requirements and product delivery. Must be skilled in SharePoint administration, access approval for users, training and coaching, resolution of operating issues, and timely testing and implementation of enterprise software solutions.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Industry training in business development, capture management, proposal management, and proposal production.
- Comprehensive understanding of the DoD environment and acquisition process.
- In-depth knowledge of RTX programs and capture/proposal IPDS process.
- Ability to respond efficiently/effectively to time-critical requirements with superior results.
- Demonstrate the ability to adapt process activities to specific pursuit needs.
- Working knowledge of planning, executing and delivery of proposals including a working knowledge of both desktop publishing and graphics development procedures and techniques for proposal production.
- Must be adept at proposal productivity and associated tool trade study, selection and roll out.
- Knowledge and understanding of Proposal Preparation Instructions (PPI) and the ability to translate those requirements into an effective production plan are required.
- Must maintain the highest personal ethical standards.