Program Operations ManagerBusinesses Raytheon Missiles & Defense Clearance type Secret Relocation eligible No Ability to Telecommute Temporary telecommuting - during COVID-19 Job ID 180424BR Most Recent Date Posted 06/07/2021 City Andover State MA Country United States
At Raytheon Missiles & Defense, you have the opportunity to try new things and make a bigger difference across a broader end-to-end solution, a richer technology and product set, an expanded range of disciplines, a growing global footprint and a more diverse team of colleagues and customers.
Raytheon Missiles and Defense (RMD) has an immediate need for a Program Operations Manager (POM) for our Naval Power business in Andover Massachusetts. This is a key role leading an Operations Integrated Product Team to ensure successful execution of one or more programs in the Surface Ship and Naval Radar business areas. Successful candidate will drive the overall management and participation in all phases of program development from capture and proposals thru development, execution and close-out. Duties also include, but are not limited to: the overall management and coordination of recurring and non-recurring manufacturing resources to support program requirements, lead Operations through IPDS Gate processes and developing Manufacturing Plans, CAM responsibility while supporting EVMS (Earned Value Management Systems) reporting requirements, primary interface across all operation value streams, lead Operations role for implementing engineering change orders, presenting reports to the Customer, Sr. Directors and VP level representing his/her IPT team and operations performance. The position may require support in five local Raytheon facilities: Marlborough, Tewksbury, Sudbury, Portsmouth and Andover.
Some minor travel locally as needed. Minor International travel may be required to support production.
Responsibilities to Anticipate:
Other duties include managing the coordination and execution of program schedules with Global Supply Chain Management, Subcontracts, Engineering and other functional areas. Support Manufacturing Operations strategy, and utilize R6S best practices. Lead the effort to develop and implement cost reduction initiatives for both recurring efforts and new business opportunities. Coordinate Operations bids for new development and production proposals. Generate production plans, make/where plans, and write manufacturing sections of technical proposals.
Qualifications You Must Have:
- Bachelor's degree (preferred fields but not limited to: Mechanical Engineering, Industrial Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Aerospace Engineering, Operations Mgmt, Finance) or equivalent education and work experience
- Minimum 8 years of experience in manufacturing, operations, engineering or similar role.
- Lean manufacturing principles and EVMS management experience
- The ability to obtain and maintain a US security clearance. U.S. citizenship is required as only U.S. citizens are eligible for a security clearance
Qualifications We Value:
- Previous program manufacturing process experience and financial management acumen
- EVMS L2 Certification
- Six Sigma experience
- Knowledge of using IPDS (Integrated Product Development System) and create and manage a complex IMS using Microsoft Project processes.
- Understanding of PRISM.
- Proficiency in all Microsoft Office applications
- Experience dealing with suppliers and sub-contracts.
- Experience developing and executing competitive bids and proposals through collaboration with work centers
Whether you’re just starting out on your career journey or are an experienced professional, we offer a robust total rewards package that goes above and beyond with compensation; healthcare, wellness, retirement and work/life benefits; career development and recognition programs. Some of the superior benefits we offer include parental (including paternal) leave, flexible work schedules, achievement awards, educational assistance and child/adult backup care.
This job is posted internally as: (Manager II Manufacturing) 180424
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.