Program Operations ManagerBusinesses Raytheon Missiles & Defense Clearance type Secret Relocation eligible No Job ID 166648BR Date posted 09/17/2020 City Andover State MA Country United States
Interested in making the world a safer place?
Raytheon Technologies is currently hiring for a Program Operations Manager (POM) to be located at the Raytheon Missiles & Defense (RMD) Andover, MA site. The Program Operations Manager is responsible for communicating all Program requirements to the Strategic Make Centers (factories) and manufacturing sites in support of the Strategic Sensor Systems and Command & Control Solutions program areas of the Strategic Missile Defense Mission Area. They will provide guidance on sequence of operations to help ensure that commitments can be met by working effectively across all Operations and Program teams.
The successful candidate will report to a Program Operations Area Leader who is located in the Operations directorate in Woburn, MA. This role is the primary interface between the Program Office Leadership, the other Functional leaders, and the Operations factory leadership for all of the Strategic Make Centers. They are responsible for strategic Program/Operations planning for current production performance and future Program production and development efforts. In addition, it may be necessary to support OPSEC plan(s) execution as well as influence future security strategies. A successful candidate will communicate across programs as necessary, to identify, assess, collaborate and resolve issues with contractual deliveries and program requirements.
The Program Operations Manager will lead, collaborate and influence the factory and functional managers to support the process focused factories driving quality and performance for product deliveries. They will also be accountable for factory integration, consolidated program performance, and unique program requirements flow down to the factories as well as contractual performance to the customer (MOCAS).
This Program Operations Manager will be the Operations point of contact for proposal development and approval to assure proposed costs or challenges are understood by Operations leadership and factories. Critical to the role will be to coordinate and develop operations requirements for all gate reviews and execute proposed strategies from early gate reviews for effective implementation in future production. A key responsibility is Ownership of the Program’s Operations, Supply Chain, and Quality (OSQ) EAC and budget. They must also be prepared and present information for Monthly Management Reviews to summarize program status and any on-going production or development Operations issues.
This position involves direct support of manufacturing activities and requires spending significant amounts of time in and around factory areas. The ideal candidate will possess the demonstrated skills and experience necessary to perform in technical, program and manufacturing leadership roles. The preferred candidate must be capable of working beyond the typical 40 hour work week, travel domestically and move between buildings and local facilities.
- 10 years or more of demonstrated experience to include working within a Manufacturing, Operations, Production, Engineering or similar environment. Or 8 years of experience with Master's Degree.
- Demonstrated understanding of manufacturing tool sets in how they integrate for delivery of product through DD250 or within a defense contracting organization.
- Previous knowledge and experience managing support plans, completing basis of estimates (BOEs), and maintaining schedule in cross-functional, matrixed environment.
- Experience as a people leader; encouraging and in support of performance management activities, goal setting, career counseling, compensation planning, and employee training and talent development while managing employee relation issues within varying levels of the Organization.
- US citizenship is required as this position will need a US Security Clearance within 1 year of start date.
This position requires the eligibility to obtain a security clearance. Non-US citizens may not be eligible to obtain a security clearance. The Defense Industrial Security Clearance Office (DISCO), an agency of the Department of Defense, handles and adjudicates the security clearance process. Security clearance factors include, but are not limited to, allegiance to the US, foreign influence, foreign preference, criminal conduct, security violations and drug involvement. Employment is contingent on other factors, including, but not limited to, background checks and drug screens
- Previous leadership experience in a fast paced technical or manufacturing environment that included multiple working organizations; this would include extensive experience building strong cross-functional teams with proven results.
- Ability to lead collaboratively with other managers in a results oriented environment to develop solutions for complex problems that will gain desired outcomes.
- Understanding of Missiles & Defense product structures and product technical details.
- Problem solving abilities that bridge production realities to financial commitments.
- Understanding of Lean Application/Six Sigma
- Experience with SAP/PRISM
- EVMS Certification or ability to earn
B.S. Degree is required. B.S. in Engineering/STEM, Manufacturing or Industrial Engineering preferred; Master’s Degree in Business or Engineering is preferred.
This position requires either a U.S. Person or a Non-U.S. Person who is eligible to obtain any required Export Authorization.
Raytheon Technologies is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.