|What’s YOUR Mission?|
Here at Raytheon Technologies (RTX), we work together as one global team creating trusted, innovative solutions to make the world a safer place. We’re inspired by a noble mission that’s shared by RMD employees around the globe and an inclusive culture that empowers employees and celebrates their contributions.
Our Digital Technology (DT) organization ensures that IDS teammates across the globe are able to communicate, collaborate and innovate for customer success. We create leading-edge technology solutions to prevent security threats, protect the integrity of our systems and support the RMD DT infrastructures around the world.
RMD has an exciting opportunity for a Senior Digital Technology Program Lead (DTPL) in support of programs in the Advanced Technology (AT), Sustainment & Sensors (SS) and Internal Research and Development (IRAD) Mission Areas. Responsibilities include ensuring proper execution of DT scope in accordance to performance standards; leveraging thought leadership, innovative solutions, and cost savings initiatives. The DTPL owns the roadmap and execution of the DT strategic vision by focusing on the operations of related programs to drive down costs and streamline the shared environments and processes. This position works closely across multi-functional teams and will be required to effectively communicate with and influence our business partners and program management.
This position requires an active U.S. Department of Defense (DoD) Secret Security Clearance as of day one of employment. Except in Rare cases, only US Citizens are able to obtain US DOD Clearances.
This role will require the individual to be based in the Massachusetts area to provide on-site support, when needed. This position may require the ability and willingness to travel domestically and internationally.
Additional responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Proactively participate in Capture and Proposal process by strategizing with Integrated Product Team/Cross Product Team (IPT/CPT), deciphering DT requirements in Statement of Work (SOW), and providing Basis of Estimates (BOEs) for future business opportunities and pursuits.
- Work in an IPT/CPT environment, ensuring effective DT support of program, from start-up to sustainment, in alignment with program cost and schedule performance goals.
- Accountable for setting and overseeing the execution of the DT vision and roadmap strategy. Focusing on opportunities to drive efficiencies & optimization to reduce costs and streamline operations
- DT touchpoint for the Mission Area Leadership, Program Management teams, and product area directorates (PADs) serving as a strategic business partner, escalation point, and a change agent for digital transformation.
- Matrix Leadership to provide daily tasking and oversight of teams that provides the design and operation of the infrastructure development, integration, requirements, and continuous access of the DT environment.
- Balances and de-conflicts competing program priorities utilizing project planning, team building, and risk management.
- Maintains close communication with program teams and facilitates incoming DT infrastructure requirements and dependencies on physical space, power, cooling, and data center support.
- Establishes and maintains Program Annual Operating plan (AOP) in order to track Capital and Expense budgetary spend year over year and partners with Finance to ensure alignment with the program cost allocation model.
- Formally identifies, assesses, monitors, and mitigates DT related risks and dependencies throughout the program lifecycle.
- Partners with Information Assurance (IA) and Security to track the status of infrastructure compliance as it relates to Defense Federal Acquisition Regulation Supplement (DFARS), Cybersecurity Maturity Model Compliance (CMMC), and DAAPM Risk Management Framework (RMF) requirements.
- Understands critical path across product areas, as well as, hard spots and cross program related issues.
- Lead DT and Program related projects through development and implementation utilizing project planning, team building, recurring task management, status reporting, and formal presentations to leadership through completion.
- Support IPDS Gate reviews as applicable, including Independent Reviews.
- Prepare and present operations reviews, programs status review and roadmap planning that includes key performance metrics, financial performance (Earned Value), risks, highlights, forecasted sub mission area growth, opportunities for digital insertion and key strategic pursuits/proposals.
- An active Secret Clearance issued by US Dept. of Defense.
- 10+ years overall Information Technology, Software/Systems Engineering, and/or Project Management experience
- PMP and/or PMX certification with proven success working as a Project Manager within a cross program environment with a large multi-disciplined team.
- Executive presence and influential leadership capability with the ability to interact with senior levels of leadership – including customer, peers, and suppliers.
- Excellent communication skills (oral & written) with demonstrated ability to clearly articulate complex DT issues to non-technical stakeholder.
- Ability to balance and de-conflict multiple competing priorities.
- Through strong organization, demonstrates solid problem solving skills in anticipating and analyzing needs as well as quickly identifying solutions, opportunities, and risks.
- Demonstrated innovative and strategic approach to problem solving.
- Cost Account Management (CAM) and Earned Value Management System (EVMS) or similar budget tracking system.
- Skilled in IT and/or Engineering requirements analysis, cost and schedule estimation.
- Experience in facilitating and responding to Requests for Information (RFI) and Request for Proposals (RFP)
- Skilled in proposal preparation, IT and Engineering requirements analysis, cost and schedule estimation, and technical documentation related to the Statement of Work (SOW)
- Agile / Scrum Master experience
- Working knowledge of DT infrastructure components, Software Development, Systems Integration, and Test processes to support activities across the program life cycle.
- Experience working in a program and/or engineering environment.
- Global Program/Project support.
- Demonstrated experience in Business Case Analysis and Return on Investment (ROI)
- Knowledgeable of Contracts, Statement of Works (SOWS), Basis of Estimates (BOEs), and Requests for Proposal (RFPs)
- Knowledge of IT and Engineering (SW & Systems) Processes and Practices
- An active Top Secret Clearance issued by US Dept. of Defense
- Agile/Scrum Master Certification
BS/BA or advanced degree in related field (such as Computer Science, Information Technology, MIS, Engineering, Business Administration)
What We Offer: Whether you’re just starting out on your career journey or are an experienced professional, RMD offers a robust total rewards package that goes above and beyond with compensation; healthcare, wellness, retirement and work/life benefits; career development and recognition programs. Some of the superior benefits RMD offers include paternal leave, flexible work schedules, achievement awards, educational assistance and child/adult backup care.