Product Line Obsolescence & DMSMS LeadBusinesses Raytheon Missiles & Defense Clearance type Secret Relocation eligible Yes Ability to Telecommute Temporary telecommuting - during COVID-19 Job ID 179924BR Most Recent Date Posted 05/13/2021 City Andover State MA Country United States
At Raytheon Missiles & Defense, by combining our vast resources and investments we are able to dedicate ourselves to solving mission-level vs. product-level customer challenges – together we can anticipate more, move faster and make a bigger impact on the big picture.
Whole Life Engineering (WLE) is responsible for ensuring our products are Safe, Reliable, Maintainable and delivered on time. WLE consists of multiple disciplines that support engineering, our program offices and our customers. Our WLE disciplines participate in the total life cycle of our products from conception to deactivation. Our focus area is product support, including the following disciplines: Reliability System Safety and Supportability.
As aProduct Line Obsolescence & DMSMS Leadyou’re a member of a team providing leadership and expertise in varied disciplines including but not limited to logistics, training, technical documentation, reliability engineering, human systems integration, sustainment and safety engineering. The ideal candidate will be responsible for executing and leading tasks in a subset of a discipline.
We have an immediate need for a Product Line Obsolescence & DMSMS Leadbased in our Andover facility.In this highly visible role, you’ll be responsible for working with multiple levels of Program leadership and Engineering in developing, building consensus for and implementing strategies around build limitations and risks.
Responsibilities to Anticipate:
Your primary responsibilities will involve:
- Driving creation and management of obsolescence mitigation strategies
- Interfacing with and influencing a broad number of functional groups including:
- Design Engineering
- Supply Chain
- Program Leadership.
An advanced degree can be substituted for additional years of experience as follows: Master’s is equal to 2 years of experience or a Ph.D. is equal to 4 years of experience.
Qualifications You Must Have:
Education: BS in a STEM discipline or BA in Mathematics, Physics, Computer Science or Chemistry
- 10+ years of engineering experience
- Experience with program or project tasks, for example, managing cost and schedule or associated reporting.
- The ability to obtain and maintain a US security clearance. US citizenship is required as only US citizens are eligible for a security clearance
Qualifications We Value:
- Background in component engineering, including guiding component selection.
- Component experience
- Working knowledge of, or experience with configuration management processes as part of the product life cycle
- Experience in development of technical and cost proposals.
- Experience in developing obsolescence mitigation options
- Experience reading engineering drawings
- Experience with product and procurement management systems such as: PTC Windchill (PDM) and SAP PRISM
- Experience with ‘data mining’ solutions such as SiliconExpert and IHS CAPS Universe.
- Experience in preparing customer and/or management level briefings
- Proven multi-disciplinary leadership and technical skills to engage peers, superiors, and subordinates across the various IDS CBTs and IBTs.
- Qualified 6Sigma specialist
- Experience with a wide application of technical theories and concepts related to system logistics/sustainment/production activities/obsolescence.
- Proficient with the MS Office suite; specific competence with data analysis and manipulation using Excel and Access
What We Offer: Whether you’re just starting out on your career journey or are an experienced professional, we offer a robust total rewards package that goes above and beyond with compensation; healthcare, wellness, retirement and work/life benefits; career development and recognition programs. Some of the superior benefits on offer include parental (including paternal) leave, flexible work schedules, achievement awards, educational assistance and child/adult backup care.
This job is posted internally as:Sr. Principal Systems Engineer
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.