Principal Specialist, ContractsBusinesses Raytheon Missiles & Defense Clearance type Secret Relocation eligible No Ability to Telecommute Temporary telecommuting - during COVID-19 Job ID 190082BR Most Recent Date Posted 10/14/2021 City Andover State MA Country United States
At Raytheon Missiles & Defense, fresh thinking and possibilities are forged in times of change and you will be on the front lines as we trailblaze new approaches, push the boundaries of innovation and chart a course to a tomorrow you can be proud to have a hand in creating.
Here at Raytheon Missiles and Defense (RMD), we work together as one global team creating trusted, innovative solutions to make the world a safer place. Our innovation spans all domains: from land and sea to air, space and cyberspace. We’re inspired by a noble mission that’s shared by RMD employees around the globe and an inclusive culture that empowers employees and celebrates their contributions.
RMD has a position for a Principal Specialist, Contracts supporting the Patriot System of Systems (SoS) Programs within our Land Warfare & Air Defense (LWAD) Mission Area. The successful candidate will be responsible for managing multiple contracts for the Lower Tier Air & Missile Defense (LT AMD) Program Area Directorate.
The candidate selected for this role should be an effective communicator with strong analytical and interpersonal skills. The candidate should work well within a team environment. The role requires multi-tasking in a fast-paced setting so strong time management and organizational skills are critical. The work is performed with minimal oversight.
This role is currently remote although you will travel to customer meetings as needed. Post COVID-19, you will be based in Massachusetts.
There’s no such thing as a perfect candidate, so don’t hold back. Your qualifications could add tremendous value to our team. Our customers come from all different backgrounds, and so do our employees. If you’re passionate about what you could accomplish here, we’d love to hear from you.
Responsibilities to Anticipate:
- Identify and report all contractual issues and advise management of contractual rights/obligations and the means to mitigate contractual and program risks
- Manage correspondence between parties
- Provide sound contract management to meet customer obligations, achieve company objectives and comply with company policies
- Work with both internal and external customers to ensure program performance, provide guidance and influence outcomes in order to achieve desired results
- Support the program in all contract pursuits, proposals, and negotiations
Qualifications You Must Have:
- Bachelor's degree, preferably in Business or a related discipline
- 5 years applicable business-related work experience
- Prior experience with US Government contracts
- The ability to obtain and maintain a US security clearance. U.S. citizenship is required as only U.S. citizens are eligible for a security clearance.
- National Contract Management Association (NCMA) Certification
- Certified Professional Contracts Manager (CPCM) Certification
- Certified Federal Contracts Manager (CFCM) Certification
- Experience with Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point, and shared data bases
- Ability to work independently with minimal oversight and handle several assignments concurrently
- Ability to develop creative solutions to unusual and complex contracting issues
- Experience with contract and financial structures, pricing strategies, policy and procedure, and compliance principles
- Cross-cultural awareness and sensitivity
- Ability to adapt to changing business environment
- Knowledge of the ITAR Foreign Military Sales (FMS) exemption and ITAR Part 130 reporting process
- Experience managing Government Property in compliance with the FAR
- Ability to contribute to negotiation strategy and possess strong negotiation skills
Whether you’re just starting out on your career journey or are an experienced professional, we offer a robust total rewards package that goes above and beyond with compensation; healthcare, wellness, retirement and work/life benefits; career development and recognition programs. Some of the superior benefits we offer include parental (including paternal) leave, flexible work schedules, achievement awards, educational assistance and child/adult backup care.
This position requires the eligibility to obtain a security clearance. Non-US citizens may not be eligible to obtain a security clearance. The Defense Industrial Security Clearance Office (DISCO), an agency of the Department of Defense, handles and adjudicates the security clearance process. More information about Security Clearances can be found on the US Department of State government website here: https://www.state.gov/m/ds/clearances/c10978.htm190082
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.