Principal Quality Assurance EngineerBusinesses Raytheon Missiles & Defense Clearance type Secret Relocation eligible Yes Ability to Telecommute No telecommuting Job ID 183089BR Most Recent Date Posted 09/22/2021 City Andover State MA Country United States
At Raytheon Missiles & Defense, by combining our vast resources and investments, we are able to dedicate ourselves to solving mission-level vs. product-level customer challenges – together we can anticipate more, move faster and make a bigger impact on the big picture.
Opportunity for an experienced Sr. Hardware Quality Engineer I with strong technical and customer skills to take responsibility for Operations Quality in a busy manufacturing environment.
Here at Raytheon Missiles & Defense (RMD), our Operations Quality Team ensures product and process quality with an emphasis on Product Compliance, Customer Satisfaction and Continuous Improvement.
As a Sr. Hardware Quality Engineer I embedded within the Production Value Stream you’ll be a high-value participant on cross-functional teams, bringing Quality Science skills and expertise to drive issue resolution and will also frequently interface with internal and external customers to include government agencies (DoD/MDA/DCMA).
Responsibilities to Anticipate:
- Process planning, inspection and test methodology as well as Non-Conforming Material Control, issue resolution and product acceptance.
- Defect prevention through data analysis and effective execution of Root Cause Analysis and associated Corrective Action Implementation.
- In addition, you’ll provide production floor support to address process and compliance issues from all levels.
- Implementation and analysis of Statistical Process Controls
- Process Mistake-proofing
Dual Grade req info - This position can be a Principal Specialist, Mission & Quality Assurance or a Manager, Mission Assurance & Quality , based on the candidate's qualifications as they relate to the skills, experience and responsibility requirements for the position
Qualifications You Must Have:
- Bachelor’s in Science, Technology, Engineering, or Mathematics (STEM)(
- 5+ years of experience in a Manufacturing Process/Production Floor Support role within one of the following disciplines Quality, Process, Engineering or Operations
- Experience with analytical skills in root-cause analysis and/or corrective/preventive actions.
- General knowledge of industry technical standards (such as J-STD 001, IPC610).
- The ability to obtain and maintain a US security clearance prior to the start date. U.S. citizenship is required as only U.S. citizens are eligible for a security clearance
Qualifications We Value:
- Previous experience manufacturing printed circuit board assemblies (surface mount technology and thru-hole technology)
- Experience with quality systems, MDA Assurance Provisions, ISO/AS 9100, CMMI, quality concepts and general understanding of aerospace/defense regulations and standards
- Advanced Quality Science tool experience, e.g., PFMEA, DFMEA
- ASQ, Six Sigma Black Belt and/or Lean Certification
- Experience with Manufacturing Process Documentation Generation
- First Article Inspection (AS9102) familiarity
- General Statistical Process Control knowledge including implementation
- Knowledge of MRP tools (e.g., SAP
- Statistical Process Control
- Mistake Proofing
Whether you’re just starting out on your career journey or are an experienced professional, we offer a robust total rewards package that goes above and beyond with compensation; healthcare, wellness, retirement and work/life benefits; career development and recognition programs. Some of the superior benefits we offer include parental (including paternal) leave, flexible work schedules, achievement awards, educational assistance and child/adult backup care.
Clearance Information: This position requires the eligibility to obtain a security clearance. Non-US citizens may not be eligible to obtain a security clearance. The Defense Industrial Security Clearance Office (DISCO), an agency of the Department of Defense, handles and adjudicates the security clearance process. More information about Security Clearances can be found on the US Department of State government website here: https://www.state.gov/m/ds/clearances/c10978.htm
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.