Principal Cloud Engineer - Linux and WindowsBusinesses Raytheon Missiles & Defense Clearance type None / Not Required Relocation eligible Yes Ability to Telecommute Temporary telecommuting - during COVID-19 Job ID 178362BR Most Recent Date Posted 04/20/2021 City Andover State MA Country United States
At Raytheon Missiles & Defense, you have the opportunity to try new things and make a bigger difference across a broader end-to-end solution, a richer technology and product set, an expanded range of disciplines, a growing global footprint and a more diverse team of colleagues and customers.
Our Digital Technology (DT) organization is global in every sense of the word. Across the world, DT allows Raytheon employees to communicate, collaborate and innovate for customer success. And we never stand still, either. We are continuously pushing the envelope to create leading-edge technical processing solutions for complex systems and program challenges.
If you are a team player who is passionate about innovation and constantly seeking ways to improve how business is done, take a look at this Cloud Engineer opportunity!
As a Cloud Engineer (Principal Information Systems Technologist) on our Program Cloud Solutions team you’ll use your experience to research, design and implement cutting edge DT solutions, particularly focused on cloud migrations, infrastructure delivery, and the latest available vendor services. You’ll be challenged with helping solve unique problems faced by the developers on Raytheon’s key programs, and assist them in improving their work.
Responsibilities to Anticipate:
- Identifying new opportunities for using cloud services and infrastructure to improve DT to reduce program cost or schedule
- Hands-on design and implementation of cloud solutions in programs and shared environments while developing the knowledge of junior cloud technologists and program technologists who will manage the solution long-term.
- Develop key reference architectures and designs for Cloud implementations which will be re-used by Program Cloud Solutions team
- Research new Cloud technology trends, assessing their utility and developing concept of operations for deployment within RMD, including the latest IaaS and PaaS trends.
- Provide technical leadership and mentoring for junior members of the team
- Working closely with embedded program Systems Administrators to understand existing server infrastructures and practices and developing cloud-based replacements
- Developing business case justifications for Cloud services, and presenting this information to program management, along with bid metrics for customer proposals.
- Joining with the rest of the Cloud Solutions team to collaborate on best practices for cloud-enabled environments, developer workflows and DevOps pipelines.
Qualifications You Must Have:
- Bachelor’s in Science, Technology, Engineering, or Mathematics (STEM); OR at least 16 years’ of relevant professional experience in lieu of a degree
- 8+ years’ experience in systems engineering, IT infrastructure, or IT systems administration
- Experience in cloud computing based architectures, including IaaS, Paas and SaaS models.
- Experience with both Windows and Linux server administration
- Experience with infrastructure automation, e.g. Terraform, CloudFormation, Chef, Ansible
- Prior experience in networking concepts, especially WAN and VPN technologies
- Security+ certification or willingness to obtain one within 6 months of employment
- The ability to obtain and maintain a US security clearance. U.S. citizenship is required as only U.S. citizens are eligible for a security clearance
Qualifications We Value:
- Experience creating technical documentation, such as writing technical implementation guides
- Experience deploying modern technology in customized IT environments without expected centralized infrastructure.
- Proven experience with public Cloud implementations, e.g. AWS, Azure
- Experience scripting in languages such as Perl, Ruby, Powershell, BASH or Python
- Experience with build tools, CI/CD pipelines and DevOps
- Hands on experience with infrastructure as code tools such as Chef, Ansible or Puppet
- Experience with infrastructure deployment tools such as Packer and Terraform
- Understanding of Git, Jira and other Atlassian tools
- Familiarity with Docker, Docker Compose, Kubernetes and various container technologies
- Familiarity with high performance computing technologies
- Familiarity with DoD security configuration requirements, hardening procedures and settings
- Amazon, Cisco, Microsoft or other IT infrastructure-related certification
- Scrum/Agile DevOps Methodologies
Whether you’re just starting out on your career journey or are an experienced professional, we offer a robust total rewards package that goes above and beyond with compensation; healthcare, wellness, retirement and work/life benefits; career development and recognition programs. Some of tClohe superior benefits we offer include parental (including paternal) leave, flexible work schedules, achievement awards, educational assistance and child/adult backup care.
Clearance Information: This position requires the eligibility to obtain a security clearance. Non-US citizens may not be eligible to obtain a security clearance. The Defense Industrial Security Clearance Office (DISCO), an agency of the Department of Defense, handles and adjudicates the security clearance process. More information about Security Clearances can be found on the US Department of State government website here: https://www.state.gov/m/ds/clearances/c10978.htm
This role is based in Tewksbury, MA (primary) with occasional travel to our Andover, MA location. If necessary, capped budget relocation is available to the selected applicant if they are qualified per company policy. The budget amount to be discussed at the appropriate stage of the process. Qualified candidate may be able to work remote at management’s discretion178362
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.