Multi-Discipline Engineer - Patriot Repair and Upgrade ProgramBusinesses Raytheon Missiles & Defense Clearance type Secret Relocation eligible Yes Ability to Telecommute Temporary telecommuting - during COVID-19 Job ID 188528BR Most Recent Date Posted 09/22/2021 City Andover State MA Country United States
At Raytheon Missiles & Defense, by combining our vast resources and investments we are able to dedicate ourselves to solving mission-level vs. product-level customer challenges – together we can anticipate more, move faster and make a bigger impact on the big picture.
Whole Life Engineering (WLE)is made up of several disciplines whose main objective is to influence hardware and systems early in their life cycle to assure effective operation, reliability, maintainability and economical ownership by the customer and end user.
The Patriot Repair and Upgrade Program is conducting search for a Multi-Discipline Engineer to provide program technical support.
In this role you’ll work in a Cross Business Team environment and will provide technical support to the Program Management Office. Additionally, you’ll have oversite of all Patriot repair facilities, including Depots and OEMs and you’ll be involved with supply chain support, process improvements and evaluations and overall adherence to Company and US Government procedures.
As the Multi-Discipline Engineer you’re a resource to the project leads on the program providing guidance on hardware changes, engineering process and guidance for technical support and resources for repair hardware.
There's no such thing as a perfect candidate, so don't hold back. Your qualifications could add tremendous value to our team. Our customers come from all different backgrounds, and so do our employees. If you're passionate about what you could accomplish here, we'd love to hear from you.
Responsibilities to Anticipate:
- Written and verbal communication with both external and internal customer
- Certification of new repair facilities and practices
- Providing expert insight on best decisions regarding repair of the Patriot Products
- Interface with network of experts to determine best path for repair items
- Review Engineering Change Notice and obsolescence regarding repair items.
This position requires 30% domestic travel
An advanced degree in a related field and minimum 3 years’ experience may be considered for this role.
Qualifications You Must Have:
Education: BS in a STEM discipline or BA in Mathematics, Physics, Computer Science or Chemistry
- 5+ years’ experience with manufacturing engineering support in a military or civilian environment
- Experience with technical writings, drawings or specifications
- The ability to obtain and maintain a US security clearance. US citizenship is required as only US citizens are eligible for a security clearance.
Qualifications We Value:
- Experience working with complex hardware systems
- Experience with production and procurement processes with general knowledge of automated procurement and logistics tool suites such as PRISM, Automated Logistics Control System (ALCS) and EAGLE
- Experience working with external suppliers in resolving hardware issues and/or procurement problems
- Six Sigma Certification: otherwise, must become certified within one (1) year
- Experience with import / export regulatory compliance and controls
- Experience with Bases of Estimates (BOEs)
- Experience reporting to internal and/or external Customers on project status and technical requirements
- Earned Value (EV) certification
- Experience developing, analyzing, and reporting metrics related to spares and repairs
- Configuration Management skills
- Knowledge of Common Product Data Management (PDM)
- General Knowledge of automated procurement and logistics tool suites such as PRISM, Automated Logistics Control System (ALCS) and EAGLE
- Active DoD Secret Clearance
What We Offer: Whether you are just starting out on your career journey or are an experienced professional, we offer a robust total rewards package that goes above and beyond with compensation; healthcare, wellness, retirement and work/life benefits; career development and recognition programs. Some of the outstanding benefits on offer include parental (including paternal) leave, flexible work schedules, achievement awards, educational assistance and support for child/adult backup care.
This job is posted internally as: Sr. Engineer, General Engineering
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.