Mgr, LogisticsBusinesses Raytheon Missiles & Defense Clearance type None / Not Required Relocation eligible No Ability to Telecommute No telecommuting Job ID 183373BR Most Recent Date Posted 07/12/2021 City Andover State MA Country United States
The Transportation Manager will work within GSCM focusing on material movement and management of Raytheon critical hardware and major end items between Raytheon facilities, vendors, and customers. In this dynamic position, the Transportation Specialist will act as a project manager coordinating activities between Raytheon operations, approved transportation providers, suppliers, and end customers. This position requires project management skills, attention to details, ability to multi task between multiple projects and being on call as needed during nights and weekends. This position will report to the Associate Director of Logistics.
Responsibilities to Anticipate:
- Ability to build relationships with RMD operations, facilities, and logistics partners to successfully execute missions.
- Manage northeast fleet operations including scheduling, budgeting, and managing fleet execution.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and written with peers, and leaders at all levels of management.
- Experience working in the Government Transportation Systems for Government material shipments such as the Shipping Information Request (SIR )System, or the Electronic Transpiration Acquisitions (ETA) system.
- Creation of shipping documentation such as but not limited to bill of ladings, seal and tally record, IATA & IMO dangerous goods declaration, and receipt of classified material documents.
- Documentation and tracking of planned versus actual cost in support earned value management system
- Maintain Purchase Orders with local suppliers for servicing Raytheon owned vehicles.
Qualifications You Must Have:
- Familiar with Transportation Management Systems (TMS), for commercial carrier selection and Bill of Lading creation.
- 8 years of Logistics or Supply Chain experience.
- Assist on local leased vehicles operations with Raytheon’s contracted Lease Vehicle Provider.
- Familiar with international shipments, requirements and preparation needed for a compliant export.
- Awareness of hazardous material shipments, regulations of such, and proper packaging and paperwork required for air and ground modes of transport.
- Reports or analysis, as needed, for commercial carrier utilization, for current or future fleet driver/vehicle cost, and fleet versus commercial carrier best use configuration.
- Need to be an independent worker capable to work with Internal and External Customers for optimal Transportation solutions for shipments worldwide.
- Lead team efforts or participate as a team member to represent Logistics input to the planning of unique shipments, employing multiple features for safe transport
- Knowledge of commercial carrier vehicles and operations, to provide assistance for transit guidelines, parameters, modes, and methods.
- Able to work closely with Program operations for planning, budgeting, and schedule commitments.
- Able to secure Request for Quotes, issue Spot Bids, and create Purchase Orders
- Able to gather data to report out shipment costs, trends, lane analysis and future recommendations for transportation cost savings.
- Bachelor’s degree or 5+ years equivalent of professional experience in management, operations, logistics or supply chain management
- The ability to obtain and maintain a US security clearance. U.S. citizenship is required as only U.S. citizens are eligible for a security clearance
- Strong critical thinking skills, ability to exercise independent judgment and manage complexity and ambiguity
- Knowledge of Commercial equipment required for transit of unique loads of oversized, classified, or hazardous material, and assist on domestic truck arrangements for appropriate equipment, required services, and scheduling to meet required delivery dates.
- Ability to work in fast paced environment
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
Qualifications We Value:
- Knowledge of Classified Material shipments, Government regulations of such, and proper packaging, paperwork and driver or escort services required for a compliant transit.
- Awareness and knowledge for identification of hazardous material for proper packaging, marking, and classification for compliant transport by road, air, and ocean.
- Knowledge of oversize, overweight loads and road transit requirements, and able to work closely with carriers for appropriate vehicles, permits, and restrictions.
- Knowledge of Freight Payment and working with Third Party freight Payment providers for accurate billing of freight invoices from carriers, freight payment approval, and resolving any billing discrepancies.
- Working knowledge of PRISM / SAP systems
- Adapt to change quickly
- Proactive and can respond to changing priorities quickly
- Strong exceptional customer service for both internal and external customers.
- Exemplary oral and written communication skills
Whether you’re just starting out on your career journey or are an experienced professional, we offer a robust total rewards package that goes above and beyond with compensation; healthcare, wellness, retirement and work/life benefits; career development and recognition programs. Some of the superior benefits we offer include parental (including paternal) leave, flexible work schedules, achievement awards, educational assistance and child/adult backup care.
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.