Material Supply Planning and Production Control SpecialistBusinesses Raytheon Missiles & Defense Clearance type Secret Relocation eligible No Ability to Telecommute No telecommuting Job ID 183717BR Most Recent Date Posted 07/22/2021 City Andover State MA Country United States
Here at Raytheon Technologies, we work together as one global team creating trusted, innovative solutions to make the world a safer place. Our innovation spans all domains: from land and sea to air, space and cyberspace. We’re inspired by a noble mission that’s shared by Raytheon Technologies employees around the globe and an inclusive culture that empowers employees and celebrates their contributions.
Raytheon Missiles & Defense Andover has an opening for a First Shift Material Supply Planning & Production Control Specialist at our Andover, MA facility.
Responsibilities to Anticipate:
- Material Availability Analysis, Tracking, and Reporting
- Manage Kit Readiness including working with cross-functional team in BOM, Material Master, Process Engineering, Operations, and Document Control
- Releasing production orders in MRP system and confirming in shop floor system
- Coordinates kitting process with multiple stores and consolidation areas
- Provide production floor support including replacement part management, shop floor material staging, Work In Progress (WIP) movement through shared resource areas, completion of units in shop floor and MRP system, delivery to next step (inventory or shipment), and meeting MRP schedule
- Control the physical disposition of nonconforming or specially handled material including Return to Vendor, Purged material, WIP STOP per contractual restrictions, and configuration of components/sub-assemblies as required
- Maintain integrity of the shop floor, MRP, and inventory systems through key performance metrics
- Process piece part movement to support internal build requirements through subcontractors, internal resources, and other Raytheon Technologies facilities.
The successful candidate has working knowledge of Material Requirements Planning (MRP) systems in a manufacturing environment and utilizes data-driven decision making to enable effective material and workforce forecasting.
This role requires successful daily interaction with cross functional teams, programs and business units to maintain and meet organizational goals and objectives. These groups include: planning, production control, operations, quality, and manufacturing/test/design engineering.
Manufacturing/Test/Design Engineering, Integrated Supply Chain, Finance, and Maintenance Operations. The individual in this role will need to quickly develop credibility and influence; aligning the operations’ execution plan to meet critical customer deadlines with supply chain strategies and financial targets.
You will foster a working environment that promotes safety, security, compliance and quality while achieving overall customer requirements. You will actively establish, lead and participate in continuous improvement projects within RMD, as well as, at the enterprise level.
This position can be a Salary Grade P2 or Salary Grade P3 based on the candidate's qualifications as they related to the skills, experience and responsibility requirements for the position.
Qualifications You Must Have:
- Bachelor’s degree in a major related to the various required and desired skills or equivalent education and experience
- Minimum 2 years of experience in planning, scheduling, production control, supply chain, manufacturing, operations, finance, project management or a related field.
- The ability to obtain and maintain a US security clearance. U.S. citizenship is required as only U.S. citizens are eligible for a security clearance.
Qualifications We Value:
- MRP knowledge, SAP PRISM experience preferred
- Experience in Material and Inventory Control-type systems such as Kanban, SMI, Continuous Flow Manufacturing
- Experience utilizing lean manufacturing concepts
- Experience with MS Office (Word, Excel, Power Point and Outlook/Skype)
- Self-starter who requires minimal supervision, works well with teammates and customers, and has a results-based mindset and proven track record of success
- Ability to work across business areas and interface at all levels of organization
- The ability to coordinate with various disciplines
- Ability to multi task and work well under pressure
- Must be a well-organized professional
- Strong analytical, problem solving and business skills
- Ability to lead in a team-based, customer focused, safety conscious manufacturing environment and make decisions with minimal supervision
- Excellent communication (written and verbal) skills; uses appropriate levels of energy to create enthusiasm
Whether you’re just starting out on your career journey or are an experienced professional, we offer a robust total rewards package that goes above and beyond with compensation; healthcare, wellness, retirement and work/life benefits; career development and recognition programs. Some of the superior benefits we offer include parental (including paternal) leave, flexible work schedules, achievement awards, educational assistance and child/adult backup care.
This Position is posted internally as: Sr Associate, Scheduling
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.