Manufacturing Value Stream LeaderBusinesses Raytheon Missiles & Defense Clearance type Secret Relocation eligible Yes Ability to Telecommute No telecommuting Job ID 183999BR Most Recent Date Posted 09/23/2021 City Andover State MA Country United States
At Raytheon Missiles & Defense, by combining our vast resources and investments, we are able to dedicate ourselves to solving mission-level vs. product-level customer challenges – together we can anticipate more, move faster and make a bigger impact on the big picture.
Raytheon Missile and Defense (RMD) Execution Operations has an opportunity for a Value Stream Leader in the Effectors Manufacturing area. Responsibilities include full leadership and management accountability regarding the performance on all aspects of safety, quality, schedule, and cost performance for a multi-cell/multi-shift operation. The Value Stream Leader will be responsible for setting the standard and driving operational excellence throughout the organization.
Daily interaction with other cross-business teams is needed to maintain and meet organizational goals and objectives. These groups include: technical support, manufacturing/test/design engineering, maintenance, production control, finance and the program management office. Achieving/exceeding safety, quality, delivery, cost goals and identifying and implementing continuous improvement opportunities using six sigma and lean methodologies are critical performance criteria for this position.
Responsibilities to Anticipate:
- Supports deployment of manufacturing operations strategy, control systems, tools and metrics to accurately measure progress and drive continuous improvement.
- Workforce planning and forecasting
- Employee hiring and training
- Area layout and flow management
- Capital identification and control of overhead expenses
- Ensuring the full compliance of company policies and procedures
- Understanding and operating within the contractual requirements set forth in a multiple union environment
An advanced degree in a related field may be substituted for 3 years additional years of experience
Qualifications You Must Have:
- BS/BA in Operations/Manufacturing, Business, Engineering or any major related to the above job
- Minimum 8 years of experience in manufacturing, operations, or engineering in a leadership role
- Prior Management experience of direct or indirect factory or support personnel
- Experience with unit hour performance, cost account management or other budgetary responsibility
- The ability to obtain and maintain a US security clearance prior to the start date. U.S. citizenship is required as only U.S. citizens are eligible for a security clearance
Qualifications We Value:
- Experience utilizing lean manufacturing concepts with lean or six sigma project implementation
- Strong management skills including the ability to make decisions with minimal supervision, goal setting, delegation, coaching, and motivating
- Manufacturing or industrial engineering and supervisory experience in the aerospace/defense industry
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal) and presentation skills
- High computer literacy and with confidence and skill working with Microsoft Office Tools (Excel, PowerPoint, Project) and familiarity with Raytheon systems (PRISM, PDM, VBS)
- EVMS Level 2 Certified
Whether you’re just starting out on your career journey or are an experienced professional, we offer a robust total rewards package that goes above and beyond with compensation; healthcare, wellness, retirement and work/life benefits; career development and recognition programs. Some of the superior benefits we offer include parental (including paternal) leave, flexible work schedules, achievement awards, educational assistance and child/adult backup care.
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.