Manufacturing Production Supervisor - 2nd ShiftBusinesses Raytheon Missiles & Defense Clearance type Secret Relocation eligible No Ability to Telecommute No telecommuting Job ID 173150BR Date posted 01/15/2021 City Andover State MA Country United States
This 2nd shift position is a great opportunity to direct a team oriented manufacturing cell within the operations group leading in a fast paced and dynamic environment to ensure assembled hardware meets contractual quality, cost, and delivery requirements by planning, organizing, and directing the flow of production.
This pivotal role requires daily interaction with other cross-business teams in Raytheon Missiles and Defense (RMD) to maintain and meet organizational goals and objectives. These groups include: technical support, manufacturing/test/design engineering, maintenance, production control, finance and the program management office.
Achieving/exceeding cost, quality, delivery and safety goals. Identifying and implementing continuous improvement opportunities using six sigma and lean methodologies is critical performance criteria for this position.
In addition to the above, responsibilities include, workforce planning and forecasting, employee hiring and training, time and attendance tracking, area layout and flow management, capital identification and control of overhead expenses, and ensuring the enforcement of company policies and procedures.
The position supports deployment of manufacturing operations strategy, control systems, tools and metrics to accurately measure progress, identify root causes of hardware design, production capacity, quality and staffing issues and develop/implement corrective action plans.
This position can be a Salary Grade G08 or Salary Grade G09 based on the candidate's qualifications as they relate to the skills, experience and responsibility requirements for the position.
- Minimum of 4 years’ experience in a production / manufacturing / operations or similar environment including some leadership experience in a manufacturing, production, operations or similar environment with knowledge of planning/scheduling and operations
- U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position will need a U.S. Security Clearance within 1 year of start date
- Previous experience supervising bargaining unit employees
- Previous experience utilizing a shop floor data management system
- Manufacturing, Industrial Engineering, and Supervisory experience in the aerospace/defense industry
- Experience utilizing lean manufacturing concepts with a proven track record of lean / six sigma implementation projects
- High computer literacy and proficiency working with Microsoft Office Tools (Excel, PowerPoint, Project, Access)
- Ability to leverage technology
- Familiarity with paperless Shop Floor Control Systems
- Experience utilizing business systems and tools that aid in manufacturing and financial management
Required Education (including Major):
BA or BS degree. Preference for degree in business field, technical field, or engineering or Master’s degree with 2 years of experience
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.