Manufacturing Production Supervisor - 1st shiftBusinesses Raytheon Missiles & Defense Clearance type Confidential Relocation eligible No Job ID 162512BR Date posted 06/23/2020 City Andover State MA Country United States
Bring your talent and leadership to Raytheon Missiles & Defense Circuit Card Assembly (CCA) Center of Excellence. We have a high visibility opportunity for a 1st shift cell lead in our CCA factory. Overall responsibility for a manufacturing operations team consisting of 15-20 employees. Lead team in a fast paced and dynamic environment to ensure products meet contractual quality, cost, and delivery requirements by planning, organizing, and directing the flow of production. You will also be responsible for a safe work environment and will actively lead and engage in safety improvement projects.
Engage in daily interaction with other cross-business teams in RMS to maintain and meet organizational goals and objectives. These groups include: manufacturing engineering, maintenance, production control, finance and the program management office. Achieving/exceeding goals for cost, quality, delivery, safety. Identifying and implementing continuous improvement opportunities using six sigma and lean methodologies are critical performance criteria for this position.
In this role, you will support deployment of manufacturing operations strategy, control systems, tools and metrics to accurately measure progress, identify root causes of failure modes, production capacity, quality and staffing issues and develop/implement corrective action plans.
In addition to the above, responsibilities include:
· Execution of schedule and cost
· Workforce planning and forecasting
· Employee hiring and training
· Time and attendance tracking
· Area layout and flow management
· Capital identification and control of overhead expenses
· Ensuring the enforcement of company policies and procedures
This position can be a Salary Grade G08 or Salary Grade G09 based on the candidate's qualifications as they relate to the skills, experience and responsibility requirements for the position.
- Minimum of 4 years work experience in production / manufacturing / operations or similar environments
- Previous leadership and management experience in manufacturing or similar environments.
- Experience with Lean manufacturing and/or Six Sigma or other similar process improvement methodologies
- U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position needs an active U.S. Security Clearance as of day one of employment.
- Experience in circuit card assembly
- Experience utilizing lean manufacturing concepts with a proven track record of lean / six sigma implementation projects
- Basic knowledge/understanding of theory of constraints
- Previous experience supervising bargaining unit employees
- Manufacturing or Industrial Engineering experience in the aerospace/defense industry
- Experience working with Microsoft Office Tools (Excel, PowerPoint, Project, and Access)
- Ability to obtain a classified security clearance
Required Education (including Major):
- BS/BA in Operations/Manufacturing, Business, Engineering or any major related to the above job description or equivalent education and experience
Raytheon Technologies is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.