Information Technology (IT) Technologist, PC SupportBusinesses Raytheon Missiles & Defense Clearance type Secret - Current Relocation eligible Yes Ability to Telecommute No telecommuting Job ID 173110BR Date posted 01/22/2021 City Andover State MA Country United States
Service Delivery Center Hub Specialist II
Raytheon Missile & Defense (RMD)
Tewksbury/Andover/Woburn/Marlborough, MA or Portsmouth, RI
Our IT organization ensures that Raytheon Missile & Defense (RMD) teams across the globe are able to communicate, collaborate and innovate for customer success. We create leading-edge technology solutions to prevent security threats and protect the integrity of our systems. As an Raytheon Missile & Defense (RMD) Information Technology (IT) Service Delivery Hub Specialist II, you will collaborate and partner with a diverse cross-section of IT, Engineering, and Program teammates supporting RMD's programs in order to continually improve the quality and cost of IT environments and overall service delivery. Your efforts will be focused on delivering support excellence to RMD program partners worldwide. Responsibilities will include the following:
- Provide IT support, including basic to intermediate triage and troubleshooting for program desktops, applications and information systems from incoming incidents and requests from program end users
- Identifies, manages and resolves issues in a timely manner based on prioritization
- Interacts directly with program users on incoming requests and incidents
- Responsible for interacting with a wide array of IT, IT Security, Program Leads and other technical and business users to deliver excellent service delivery
- Responsible for technical documentation and manuals for support and knowledge base of supported components
- Maintains and contributes to the overall maintenance of the virus definitions and support on supported devices
- Maintains and contributes to the overall desktop image, patching and standardization across programs
- Maintains and contributes to the execution and improvement of incident, problem and request management services across RMD IT PE
- Contributes and leads aspects of the continuous improvement on IT service delivery, focused on partner satisfaction, response/resolution improvements, queue management and overall end-user experiences.
- Contributes and leads aspects of the modernization of technology platforms to improve operations and overall experience.
- Partner with business stakeholders, IT peers, and management in the delivery of end-user services, desktop and application support.
- Contributes and leads aspects of the innovation and modernization on incident management concepts including implementation of service catalogs, automation, and self-service capabilities to support growth and delivering higher satisfaction.
- Contributes and leads aspects of overall incident, request, and problem management resolution and continual improvement for supported programs.
- Leverage Scrum, Agile and DevOps practices in order to manage daily priorities and ensure alignment with execution needs.
This role requires communication and technical skills, a learning mindset, as is the ability to develop and leverage a network of teammates within and outside of RMD and vendor/supplier communities.
This position can be located in Woburn, Andover, Tewksbury, Marlborough, MA, or Portsmouth, RI – Capped Budget relocation support is available to the selected applicant if they are eligible according to Company Policy.
A US DoD Secret Clearance is required for this role on Day one of employment, except in rare cases, only US Citizens are eligible to obtain clearances. (Offers will be contingent on award of interim US Secret Security Clearance if selected applicant does not possess one at time of hire)
Required Education, Experience and Skills:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Science, Mathematics or a related field; Experience in lieu of degree will be considered at the hiring manager’s discretion.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience working within technical business environments
- Knowledge and some experience of IT service management tools, deployment methodologies, ITIL and service management frameworks
- Knowledge and some experience of DevOps practices, Scrum, and Agile/Lean frameworks
- Information Technology Infrastructure Library v4 or v3 (ITIL) Foundations Certification or the ability to obtain in 6 months from date of hire
- CompTIA Security + Certification or the ability to obtain in 6 months from date of hire
- Experience working on end-user focused teams on classified and/or unclassified processing and communications systems in an operational environment, including the modernization of legacy environments
- Maintain and contribute to the monitor, report, and analyzation of team performance to drive improvements on overall service delivery
- Technical knowledge and understanding of Servers (Windows, Unix, Linux), Storage, Virtualization / Cloud technologies, and networking systems
- Strong knowledge of Visio, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Microsoft Project
- Ability to support occasional domestic and international travel
- Existing US DoD Secret Clearance on first date of employment; (Offers will be contingent on award of interim US Secret Security Clearance if selected applicant does not possess one at time of hire)
Desired Education, Experience and Skills:
- Strong written and oral communication skills; ability to articulate ideas, process steps, and technical data in written, graphical, and spoken dialogue
- Existing ITIL v4 or v3 certification
- Success working within a large multi-disciplined team
- Experience working on an end-user focused teams driving and demonstrating continual improvement
- Experience implementing new capabilities, processes and practices to create effective changes in an organization
- Experience contributing to designing and/or deploying service support models that incorporate modernization approaches and maturing delivery models
- Understanding of fundamental networking/distributed computing environment, TCP/IP concepts and working with networks both domestically and internationally
- Knowledge of Active Directory and group policy management
- Knowledge of virtual computing technologies
- Knowledge of thin client technologies
- Understanding and experience with scripting / programming experience
This position requires either a U.S. Person or a Non-U.S. Person who is eligible to obtain any required Export Authorization and possesses a US Secret Security Clearance.
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.