Integration Engineer- Boston area!!Businesses Raytheon Missiles & Defense Clearance type Secret - Current Relocation eligible Yes Ability to Telecommute Temporary telecommuting - during COVID-19 Job ID 188618BR Most Recent Date Posted 09/21/2021 City Andover State MA Country United States
Our Digital Technology (DT) organization ensures that RMD teams across the globe are able to communicate, collaborate and innovate for customer success. We create leading-edge technology solutions to prevent security threats and protect the integrity of our systems
As a SeniorDT Systems Design Engineer you will collaborate and collaborate with a diverse cross-section of DT and Engineering stakeholders supporting RMD programs designing solutions that help deliver critical DT capabilities to our customers worldwide. Working with Solutions Architects, you will be expected to design and deploy DT solutions for new or existing complex computer systems. You will work with Solutions Architects to determine system requirement, specifications, input/output processes, and working parameters for hardware/software compatibility and maintenance of Information Systems. You will be responsible for the design of subsystems and integration of total systems, and you’ll be required to assist in identifying, analyzing, and resolving program DT support deficiencies developing and recommending corrective actions where needed.
This role requires strong communication and collaboration skills, extensive industry, and technical experience, as well as the ability to develop and leverage a broad network of technologists within and outside of the RMD Community (including Global Business Services (GBS) and Corporate DT/IT), and the supplier community.
Responsibilities to Anticipate:
- Design, implement, test, document, and integrate system solutions into existing or new RMD Information Systems
- Establish functional and technical specifications, solve hardware/software interface problems, define input/output parameters, and ensure integration of an entire system or subsystem
- Responsible for the design and deployment of complex heterogeneous server, virtualization, and Hyper-converged infrastructures within program Information Systems
- Support the development of and adherence to DT standards and processes
- Support Solutions Architecture in conducting Analysis of Alternatives, Courses of Actions, Trade Studies, and Engineering Assessments on DT products and services
- Design and deploy beneficial DT technology to improve execution, efficiency, and capability within existing Information Systems.
- Support the undergoing of digital transformation by designing and deploying automation solutions and DevOps tool chains to drive program efficiencies
- Ensure the technical integrity of existing and future design solutions
- Collaborate across technical disciplines to resolve top priority program issues
- Leverage Corporate DT Secure design solutions for collaborative networks both domestically and internationally, including Import / Export and ITAR/EAR solutions
- An advanced degree in a related field may be substituted for additional years of experience as follows: Master’s is equal to 2 years of experience, or a Ph.D. is equal to 5 years of experience.
- Qualifications You Must Have:
- Bachelor’s in science, Technology, Engineering, or Mathematics (STEM) or IT and 5 years of related technical experience or in lieu of a degree must have 13 years of directly related experience
- Experience with the systems engineering lifecycle
- Experience in system design development and engaging project stakeholders to design system solutions for multi-level classified and unclassified Information Systems
- Experience with technical skills across multiple DT disciplines: Server Operating Systems (Such as Windows 2012 R2 +, RHEL 7 +), hyper-converged systems (Such as Nutanix, vSAN), virtualization (VMWare), automation (such as Ansible), shell scripting or PowerShell scripting, compute, storage (such as NetApp, 3Par, vSAN), encryption, cyber security, etc.
- Experience networking and TCP/IP concepts (Software Defined Networking, such as NSX-T a plus.)
- Experience deploying best practices in system security as it pertains to DT solutions
- An active Secret US security clearance is required
- Must be able to travel up to 30% to RMD site
Qualifications We Value:
- Degree in advanced technical discipline such as Systems Engineering, or Computer Science
- Knowledge in the development of system design products and artifacts related to the designing and deploying of DT solutions
- DT solution design development and integration experience across full system/service lifecycle, to include infrastructure (compute, storage, and network), platforms and enterprise software applications
- Proven success working within a large multi-disciplined teams to achieve a common technical solution
- Working knowledge of thin/zero client virtual desktop infrastructure technologies
- Security+ certification or willingness to obtain it
- Superior written and oral communication skills, with demonstrated experience working with and presenting to senior business leadership
- Innovative and strategic approach to problem solving
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
Whether you are just starting out on your career journey or are an experienced professional, we offer a robust total rewards package that goes above and beyond with compensation; healthcare, wellness, retirement, and work/life benefits; career development and recognition programs. Some of the superior benefits we offer include parental (including paternal) leave, flexible work schedules, achievement awards, educational assistance, and child/adult backup care.
This position requires either a U.S. Person or a Non-U.S. Person who is eligible to obtain any required Export Authorization
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.