Electronics Test Technician - 1st ShiftBusinesses Raytheon Missiles & Defense Clearance type Secret Relocation eligible No Ability to Telecommute No telecommuting Job ID 181167BR Most Recent Date Posted 07/22/2021 City Andover State MA Country United States
At Raytheon Missiles & Defense, fresh thinking and possibilities are forged in times of change and you will be on the front lines as we trailblaze new approaches, push the boundaries of innovation and chart a course to a tomorrow you can be proud to have a hand in creating.
Raytheon Missiles & Defense produces a broad portfolio of advanced technologies, including air and missile defense systems, precision weapons, radars, and command and control systems – delivering end-to-end solutions to detect, track and engage threats.
*1st Shift – 6:00am – 2:30pm – Andover, Massachusetts*
Responsibilities to Anticipate:
- Utilizes diversified test and measurement equipment, and supports multiple setups simultaneously.
- Works to prints, sketches, schematics, specifications, process sheets, and outlines
- May work under environmental extremes.
- Works with verbal, written, video or computer-based procedures and a knowledge of electronic theory, acquires, transports and sets up test equipment and test conditions.
- Applies knowledge of electronic theory, diagnostic aids, specifications and manuals to isolate failures in both the unit under test and associated test equipment to lowest replaceable unit or component.
- May perform rework, inspection and re-inspection incidental to test and, as required, to return defective unit under test to operational condition in compliance with specification.
- Transports equipment, hardware and repair material between work departments as required.
- Maintains associated peripheral equipment, tools and fixtures incidental to test process in proper operating condition and in accordance with general housekeeping guidelines.
- Performs inspection of material utilizing test equipment, hand tools and other mechanical tools.
- Performs all marking, stenciling, and painting as required by process.
- Fabricates special-purpose jigs, fixtures, and adapters.
- Performs daily/weekly test station calibrations as required.
- Tunes and pots RF modules.
- Identifies deficiencies and makes suggestions to improve product reliability and quality.
- Performs general maintenance and housekeeping of workplace, tools and equipment.
- Maintains records, moves materials and follows safety rules in performance of duties.
- As required, works with engineering personnel with normal levels of support and supervision.
- Performs other similar duties as required or directed.
- Lifts up to 25lbs individually or up to 40lbs as a two person lift
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Minimum 2 years of experience
- Over 1 year of electronics education
- U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position needs an active U.S. Security Clearance as of day one of employment.
Whether you are just starting out on your career journey or are an experienced professional, we offer a robust total rewards package that goes above and beyond with compensation; healthcare, wellness, retirement and work/life benefits; career development and recognition programs. Some of the superior benefits we offer include parental (including paternal) leave, flexible work schedules, achievement awards, educational assistance and child/adult backup care.
This position is part of a collective bargaining agreement. Wage and work place conditions, including shift times, are subject to this agreement. Individuals hired into this position will be represented by a union.
This position requires the eligibility to obtain a security clearance. Non-US citizens may not be eligible to obtain a security clearance. The Defense Industrial Security Clearance Office (DISCO), an agency of the Department of Defense, handles and adjudicates the security clearance process. More information about Security Clearances can be found on the US Department of State government website here: https://www.state.gov/m/ds/clearances/c10978.htm181167
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.