Electrician, Class ABusinesses Raytheon Missiles & Defense Clearance type Confidential Relocation eligible No Ability to Telecommute No telecommuting Job ID 181268BR Most Recent Date Posted 07/22/2021 City Andover State MA Country United States
At Raytheon Missiles & Defense, fresh thinking and possibilities are forged in times of change and you will be on the front lines as we trailblaze new approaches, push the boundaries of innovation and chart a course to a tomorrow you can be proud to have a hand in creating.
Raytheon Missiles & Defense produces a broad portfolio of advanced technologies, including air and missile defense systems, precision weapons, radars, and command and control systems – delivering end-to-end solutions to detect, track and engage threats.
*Second Shift – 2:30pm – 11:00pm – Andover, MA - Supports all of the local facilities in the MA Area*
Responsibilities to Anticipate:
- Job consists of installing, maintaining, and repairing circuits and tube industry equipment.
- Planning and laying out electrical and associated construction work.
- Plans, lays out, wires up, and/or maintains all types of AC and DC equipment.
- Installs light, test, power, and automatically controlled circuits of standard design or moderate degree of complexity.
- Repairs AC and DC Motors
- Works form wiring diagrams, schematic drawings, sketches, and /or verbal orders.
- Performs general maintenance and housekeeping of workplace, tools and equipment.
- Maintains records, moves materials and follows safety rules in performance of duties and performs other similar duties as required or directed.
- Knowledge of RF circuits, national electric code, OHMS's law, handbook, and wattage formula.
- Understands fundamentals of electricity and operation of electrical equipment.
- High School Diploma or Equivalency (GED).
- Minimum of 5 years’ related experience.
- Massachusetts Electrical Journeyman’s License.
- The ability to obtain and maintain a U.S. secret clearance prior to the start date. U.S. citizenship is required as only U.S. citizens are eligible for a security clearance.
- Good computer skills.
- Works well with others.
- Has a track record of being reliable and dependable.
- Must be available to travel and have reliable transportation for alternate center assignments.
- Ability to communicate effectively, read and interpret safety procedures.
Whether you are just starting out on your career journey or are an experienced professional, we offer a robust total rewards package that goes above and beyond with compensation; healthcare, wellness, retirement and work/life benefits; career development and recognition programs. Some of the superior benefits we offer include parental (including paternal) leave, flexible work schedules, achievement awards, educational assistance and child/adult backup care.
This position is part of a collective bargaining agreement. Wage and work place conditions, including shift times, are subject to this agreement. Individuals hired into this position will be represented by a union.
This position requires the eligibility to obtain a security clearance. Non-US citizens may not be eligible to obtain a security clearance. The Defense Industrial Security Clearance Office (DISCO), an agency of the Department of Defense, handles and adjudicates the security clearance process. More information about Security Clearances can be found on the US Department of State government website here: https://www.state.gov/m/ds/clearances/c10978.htm
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.