Electrical/Materials Failure Analysis EngineerBusinesses Raytheon Missiles & Defense Clearance type Secret Relocation eligible Yes Ability to Telecommute Temporary telecommuting - during COVID-19 Job ID 173434BR Date posted 01/06/2021 City Andover State MA Country United States
The position requires the ability to work through each step of an analysis, from external visual photo-documentation, electrical test, x-ray evaluation, acoustic microscopy, decapsulation, cross-sections, internal visual photo-documentation, scanning electron microscope (SEM) evaluation, wire bond pull, wire ball shear, destructive testing, and writing a detailed final report. The position requires the ability to operate the available laboratory equipment such as microcsopes, laser miller, plasma etcher, chemical jet etcher, bond puller, and electrical test equipment . In addition, this role requires researching, investigating, and experimenting with various new destructive techniques.
The position requires the ability to work on several analyses concurrently. This role requires collaboration across the department to work with section members with areas of expertise in materials and chemistry.
NOTE: This position can be Salary Grade G07 (Multi-Disciplined Engineer II) or Salary Grade G08 (Senior Multi-Disciplined Engineer I) based upon the applicant’s qualifications as they relate to the skills, experience and responsibility requirements of the position.
U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position needs an active U.S. Security Clearance as of day one of employment.
Required Experience, Skills and Education:
- For, Multi-Disciplined Engineer II - Two (2) years of experience in the analysis of microcircuits, active or passive electrical components.
- For, Senior Multi-Disciplined Engineer I - Four (4) years of experience in the analysis of microcircuits, active or passive electrical components.
- Experience with electronic component failure analysis
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering, Material Science, Physics other related science or engineering field
- U.S. Citizenship is required
- Master’s degree in one of the following engineering disciplines: Electrical Engineering, or Material Science or Physics with experience in component failure analysis
- 6 plus years of direct related experience in the analysis of microcircuits, active or passive electrical components
- Knowledge of Government Component Documents i.e. MIL-STD, MIL-PRF, and MIL-HDBK specifications, and associated QPLs and QMLs. (MIL-STDs 750 / 883, MIL-PRF 38534, 38534, 19500, 1580 etc.)
- Data collection and presentation skills to write a cogent report, supporting the analysis conclusion and if necessary present the data and findings
- Ability to effectively work parallel analyses
- Working knowledge of the Microsoft Office suite
- Familiarity with component data sheets and drawings
- Experience with electrical test equipment such as (DMM, Curve Tracer, Parametric Analyzers, etc.)
- Technical working knowledge of electronic component parts and their application
- Knowledge of reading electrical schematics and circuit analysis
- Advanced degree in aforementioned disciplines. ABET is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.