Certified Industrial Wastewater Treatment OperatorBusinesses Raytheon Missiles & Defense Clearance type Confidential Relocation eligible No Job ID 163406BR Date posted 06/15/2020 City Andover State MA Country United States
1st Shift - 6:00am - 2:30pm
Raytheon has an opportunity for a Certified
Industrial Wastewater Treatment Operator to
support our waste treatment operations at the
Andover, MA site. This individual will operate
waste treatment equipment to process and
neutralize exhaust scrubber fluids and chemical
waste routed to treatment plant from
manufacturing operations. They will oversee and
take corrective actions to discharge final effluent
from plant to limits consistent with Municipal,
State and Federal codes for environmental
protection of waterways and air quality.
• Works to general supervisory instruction,
charts, manual, and flow diagrams, applying
specialized training in wastewater treatment
• Operates, monitors and oversees a variety of
equipment to treat or remove such wastes
or contaminants as cyanides, chromes, acids,
alkalis, volatile organic compounds, and
floor spills from work areas.
• Monitors operation of instrumentation and
recorders during treatment to measure,
control, and record oxidation reduction
• Implements immediate corrective measures
where recorder and/or alarm system signals
a potential upset.
• Takes required samples and measurements;
makes required chemical analyses.
• Maintains cleanliness of wastewater
• Takes emergency action to clear chemical
lines and piping, services valves and pumps,
proportions feeders and mixers.
• Calibrates and maintains pH and ORP
chemical controllers and electrodes and flow
and control equipment. Determines and
prepares appropriate ratios of chemical
mixes for batch treatments.
• Participates on chemical, hazardous waste,
and blood borne pathogen spill response
• Performs general maintenance and
housekeeping of workplace, tools, and
• Maintains records, moves materials, and
follows safety rules in performance of
• Performs other similar duties as required or
• Advanced academic instruction in chemistry,
bacteriology, or wastewater treatment and
• Ongoing Technical Hours as required by
Commonwealth of Massachusetts.
Required Education (including Major):
• High School Diploma or equivalent.
• Class IV Industrial Waste Treatment
Operator’s License as required by
Commonwealth of Massachusetts.
• Minimum 5 years related experience or
Associates degree with 3 years of related
• U.S. Citizenship status is required as this
position needs an active U.S. Security
Clearance as of day one of employment
This position requires either a U.S. Person or a Non-U.S. Person who is eligible to obtain any required Export Authorization.
This position will be covered by a collective bargaining agreement. Wage and work place conditions, including shift times, are subject to this agreement. Individuals hired into this position will be represented by a union. 163406
Raytheon Technologies is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.