Sr Mgr, Sales Bus DevelBusinesses Raytheon Intelligence & Space Clearance type TS/SCI Relocation eligible No Ability to Telecommute Temporary telecommuting - during COVID-19 Job ID 177313BR Most Recent Date Posted 06/16/2021 City Aurora State CO Country United States
The successful candidate will support all elements of the pursuit and capture of new business opportunities to include but not limited to the following: Opportunity investigation, identification, and validation; competitive and customer intelligence gathering; price-to-win and probability-of-win analysis; new business investment funds management; presentation material creation; and, customer and industry business partner meetings attendance. A well-prepared candidate will be able to navigate and operate within the Strategic Intelligence, Surveillance, and Reconnaissance (ISR) community and have knowledge of this market with established IC and DoD customer relationships and professional networks. The ideal candidate will be a proactive self-starter capable of effectively working across customer agencies and acquisition offices while pursuing multiple IPS business opportunities simultaneously. In this position, the candidate will have the opportunity to participate in business meetings with senior leadership. This role will collaborate across functional disciplines and contribute material for business development (BD) status briefings and reports. Influential and effective written and verbal communication will be required. BDM candidates will work as part of the S&C2 IPS BD team, supporting the BD Director and BD Leads (BDL) in defining and meeting IPS growth objectives and forecasted Annual Operating Plan revenue goals. This role will also interact with the S&C2 product line Directors and Senior Managers.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Pipeline Development: Supports the IPS BDLs to identify, assess, and develop new business opportunities, and positions new business resources to achieve the IPS mission area’s growth objectives.
- Customer/Competitor Intelligence: Builds trust and sound relationships with customers and clearly articulates customer needs to IPS business leadership. Discovers, assesses, and interprets competitive landscapes and environmental implications to help inform IPS capture efforts. Supports and executes customer contact plans. Establishes and grows working relationships with industry partners.
- Product line Strategy Development:Supports development of IPS mission area product development and marketing strategies to achieve business goals aligned with customer plans and programs. Creates, analyzes, and articulates efficient and innovative solutions to problems that smartly leverage Raytheon Technologies’ capabilities and investments.
- Capture Execution: Supports and leads targeted new business captures. Works within cross-functional teams to develop pricing and win strategies. Supports gate review preparation, and capture process execution, improvement, and transformation.
- Management of Portfolio Business Development: Supports IPS BD in management of allocated Selling and Bid and Proposal budgets to yearly targets. This includes preparation of material to support monthly business growth reviews, product line operations reviews, monthly status, and maintenance of pipeline database (CRM) to manage the day-to-day business.
- US Citizen
- Active Top Secret/SCI clearance
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Business Administration, or a related technical discipline
- 5 years or more of government experience working within IC, DoD, and/or Commercial Space Industry in a technical, business development, or program management-related role
- Understands DoD policies and procedures for selection of a source or sources in competitive negotiated acquisitions
- Strong written and interpersonal communications and presentation skills including the ability to clearly articulate technical and business issues to customer and business leaders
- Excellent leadership, team building, and networking skills
- Demonstrated ability to work independently as well as to effectively participate on multi-functional teams
- Strong personal computer skills including a high level of proficiency with MS Office products (Excel, Word and PowerPoint)
- Familiar with the IC customer community, and demonstrated ability to interact with this community
- Familiar with IC missions and/or ISR sensor data (i.e., GEOINT, SIGINT, etc.)
- Travel (domestic) up to 25%
- Master’s degree in Engineering, Business Administration, or a related technical discipline
- 10 years or more of government experience working within IC, DoD, and/or Commercial Space Industry in a technical, business development, or program management-related role
- Demonstrated strategic thinker, change agent, and proactive and innovative problem solver
- Experience working new business captures and proposals within a wide range of scope, value and types
- Proven ability to successfully work within complex ambiguous and fast-paced environments
- Understands modern contract approaches such as Middle-Tier Acquisition (Section 804) and Other Transactional Authority
- Familiar with the Air Force, Space Force, and/or Army customer communities, and the ability to navigation those organizations
- Familiar with cloud computing and modern software development processes like Agile and DevSecOps
- Understands complex space-ground enterprise architectures such as NDSA, JADC2/ABMS, BMC2, and ISR system-of-systems constellations
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.