Prin Eng, Systems EngrgBusinesses Raytheon Intelligence & Space Clearance type Secret Relocation eligible No Ability to Telecommute Temporary telecommuting - during COVID-19 Job ID 183022BR Most Recent Date Posted 08/24/2021 City Aguadilla Country PR
Raytheon Intelligence & Space delivers the disruptive technologies our customers need to succeed in any domain, against any challenge. A developer of advanced sensors, training, and cyber and software solutions, Raytheon Intelligence & Space provides a decisive advantage to civil, military and commercial customers in more than 40 countries around the world.
You will work with professionals in a culture that celebrates the contributions of its employees, in a challenging and collaborative workplace, joining a team with a tradition of achievement through thought and teamwork.
The Test Automation and Factory Engineering Directorate (TAFE) is responsible for the design and development of test equipment designs and factory sustainment for a wide range of products and customers. The Puerto Rico Test Sectionis a growing and highly motivated team who consistently provides quality on-time on-cost solutions to support external and internal customers seeking innovative and economical solutions for their product lines.
The Test Design Engineer will be working in our newly opened Global Engineering Center - Puerto Rico to augment the US Based Test Automation and Factory Engineering team. Initially, the Engineer will work from home using Raytheon assets to do their work assignments and to connect to the Raytheon proprietary network. Next year, the Engineer will work on site at a Raytheon Technologies site near Aguadilla, Puerto Rico as the Raytheon Intelligence & Space team grows in Puerto Rico market. Since this position will require daily interactions with mainland Raytheon sites, excellent communications skills, the ability to work independently, and the ability to work with minimal direction are highly desired skills.
U.S. Citizenship status is required, as this position needs an active U.S. Security Clearance within 1 year of start date.
Location: Aguadilla, Puerto Rico
Required Skills and Experience:
- Minimum of 8 years professional experience with a Bachelor’s Degree
- Hands on experience with test engineering development with an emphasis on electro-mechanical solutions with interface test adapters (ITA), component chassis/cases, cables, and basic fixturing.
- Experience with common laboratory/manufacturing test instrumentation and electronics; digital, analog, and/or RF test equipment (ie. oscilloscopes, DMMs, power supplies, RF generators, etc.)
- Experience with schematic capture/interpretation and circuit design
- Strong technical documentation capabilities and ability to adapt or generate templates (ie. schematics, wiring diagrams, elevation drawings, interconnect, system rack-and-stack diagrams, parts lists)
- Experience with troubleshooting and root-cause analysis
- Experience with simple mechanical packaging, drawings, and associated part selection leveraging commercial off the shelf over custom designs
- Fluent in Spanish and English (written and verbal)
- US Citizenship, with ability to obtain a DoD Security Clearance
- Knowledge of Configuration Management principles, environments, and tools
- Advanced mechanical design (dimensional constraints, interference modeling, thermal dynamics, weight/force distribution, obsolescence replacements and retrofits)
- Familiar with National Instrument products and software suites (ie. Labview, TestStand, LabWindows CVI)
- Familiar with Keysight test equipment products
- Experience with modular instrument platforms such as PXI
- Experience with Virginia Panel Connector product lines, or other modular/high density connector systems.
- Working knowledge of test system designs and automation (GPIB, Ethernet, SCPI).
- Experience building strong relationships and effectively collaborating with distributed teams across multiple sites
- Experience working and communicating with all levels of management and individual contributors on the program team
- Production environment experience is preferred
- Requires a Bachelor of Science STEM degree and at least 5 years of professional engineering experience. Or a Masters in Science STEM degree and at least 3 years of professional engineering experience.
Diversity drives innovation; inclusion drives success. We believe a multitude of approaches and ideas enable us to deliver the best results for our workforce, workplace, and customers. We are committed to fostering a culture where all employees can share their passions and ideas so we can tackle the toughest challenges in our industry and pave new paths to limitless possibility.
What We Offer:
Whether you are just starting out on your career journey or are an experienced professional, we offer a robust total rewards package that goes above and beyond with compensation; healthcare, wellness, retirement and work/life benefits; career development and recognition programs. Some of the superior benefits we offer include parental (including paternal) leave, flexible work schedules, achievement awards, educational assistance and child/adult backup care.
Nothing matters more to Raytheon Technologies than our strong ethical and safety commitments. As such, all U.S. positions require a background check, which may include a drug screen.
• Background check and drug screen required (every external new hire in the U.S.)
• Drug Screen only performed on re-hires who have been gone for more than 1 year
This position requires either a U.S. Person or Non- U.S. Person who is eligible to obtain any required Export Authorization.
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.