JCA/EXIM EngineerBusinesses Raytheon Missiles & Defense Clearance type Secret Relocation eligible No Ability to Telecommute Temporary telecommuting - during COVID-19 Job ID 186576BR Most Recent Date Posted 08/25/2021 City Aguadilla State PR Country United States
Are you an individual that has a desire to be part of a team in a fast-paced environment that delivers products that protect the war-fighter?
Do you want to be a part of a team that challenges you, grows your skills, and intentionally provides new opportunities across programs to expand your technical breadth?
If you answered yes to these questions, we’d like to talk to you about your career.
At Raytheon Missiles & Defense, a division of Raytheon Technologies (RTX), you have the opportunity to try new things and make a bigger difference across a broader end-to-end solution, a richer technology and product set, an expanded range of disciplines, a growing global footprint and a more diverse team of colleagues and customers.
Be a key contributor to our Mechanical Engineering team…
Raytheon Missile and Defense (RMD) Mechanical Product Team (MPT) is an industry leader in mechanical hardware design, development and production of missile, radar, sonar, torpedo and combat system equipment. The MPT uses state-of-the-art tools, processes, technology, Six Sigma, and CORE principles.
The Agile Hardware Solutions department is responsible for improving the cost competitiveness of the work products developed by the Mechanical Products Team, through both workforce efficiency and product affordability optimization. Within the Agile Hardware Solutions Department, the Jurisdiction & Classification Assessment (JCA) Center of Excellence is responsible for the management and completion of JCAs for the RMD business unit, inclusive of all Mission Areas.
Newly opened, our Global Engineering Center - Aguadilla, Puerto Rico, is searching for a JCA/EXIM Engineer to join our elite team of engineers.
Responsibilities to Anticipate:
A degreed Engineer needed to perform Jurisdiction and Classification Assessments (JCAs) for various programs and Mission Areas within RMD. Additionally, these are some tasks that may be required:
- Work with limited supervision to meet commitments for assigned cost, schedule, and programmatic goals, and interface with other members of the COE, engineering disciplines, non-technical disciplines, and suppliers in the successful conduct of JCAs
- Support development of Processes and Best Practices and apply knowledge and experience of export compliance to adjacent areas of engineering execution
- Coach, mentor, and provide technical guidance to other JC classifiers
- Attend and actively participate in group meetings, teleconferences and/or required training.
- Work in partnership with Global Trade and COE Leadership to drive functional processes and technical expertise.
- Bachelor’s degree. Preferred fields include Engineering, Engineering Technology, or any of the Physical Sciences.
- A minimum of five (5) years’ experience in a design engineering, product management, configuration management or Export/Import JC classifier role
- Fluent in Spanish and English (written and verbal)
Qualifications We Value:
- Strong analytical skills that enable the ability to solve problems quickly and effectively involving a methodical step-by-step approach to thinking that allows you to break down complex problems into single and manageable components.
- Understanding of export control regulations and the Order of Review as prescribed by the State Department
- High level of communication skills – both written and oral
- Teamwork / Collaboration using collaborative relationships to facilitate the accomplishment of work goals.
- Strong Interpersonal skills that enable effective relationships with others; relates well to people from varied backgrounds and in different situations; shows understanding, courtesy, tact, empathy, concern, and politeness.
- Take the initiative in identifying and dealing with issues proactively and persistently.
- Customer focus and collaboration skills
Diversity drives innovation; inclusion drives success. We believe a multitude of approaches and ideas enable us to deliver the best results for our workforce, workplace, and customers. We are committed to fostering a culture where all employees can share their passions and ideas so we can tackle the toughest challenges in our industry and pave new paths to limitless possibility.
What We Offer:
Whether you’re just starting out on your career journey or are an experienced professional, we offer a robust total rewards package that goes above and beyond with compensation; healthcare, wellness, retirement and work/life benefits; career development and recognition programs. Some of the benefits we offer include parental (including paternal) leave, flexible work schedules, achievement awards, educational assistance and child/adult backup care.
Some of our benefits package includes:
• Medical, dental, and vision insurance
• Three weeks of vacation (prorated for hire date)
• Twelve days of sick leave (prorated for hire date)
• Generous 401(k) plan that includes employer matching funds
• Tuition reimbursement
• Life insurance and disability coverage
• Optional coverages you can buy: Home and Auto, additional life insurance and group legal
• Employee Assistance Plan, including up to 8 free counseling sessions
• Virgin Pulse-Wellness Reward
Nothing matters more to Raytheon Technologies than our strong ethical and safety commitments. As such, all U.S. positions require a background check, which may include a drug screen.
• Background check and drug screen required (every external new hire in the U.S.)
• Drug Screen only performed on re-hires who have been gone for more than 1 year
This position requires either a U.S. Person or Non- U.S. Person who is eligible to obtain any required Export Authorization.
Clearance Information: This position requires the eligibility to obtain a security clearance. Non-US citizens may not be eligible to obtain a security clearance.
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.