Sr Field Engineer IIBusinesses Raytheon Intelligence & Space Clearance type Secret - Current Relocation eligible Yes Ability to Telecommute No telecommuting Job ID 177995BR Most Recent Date Posted 04/20/2021 City AbuDhabi State United Arab Emirates Country United Arab Emirates
This field engineering position requires an array of technical competencies and personality traits that enable one to respond effectively to rapidly changing circumstances. It requires expertise in complex hardware/software system maintenance and working knowledge of sensor system design and theory.
Employment is contingent on meeting all medical requirements for the potential short-term overseas deployments (including comprehensive post-offer medical examination) and the ability to maintain a DoD Secret level security clearance.
~ Direct/perform sensor system maintenance on RQ-4 GH Unmanned Air Vehicle (UAV) Imaging Sensor Systems.
~ Field Engineers will resolve technical problems and issues in accordance with product specifications and engineering data to recommend repair/sustainment of sensors.
~ Advise and mentor military/contractor technicians on a diverse array of tasks to include the following:
~ Remove/install and maintain/troubleshoot sensor system hardware, update software, interpret engineering data, manage system configuration, operate, inspect and test sensor systems equipment.
~ Analyze equipment failure trends to determine cause and recommend corrective action.
~ Monitor, analyze and characterize the performance of sensor system specific test equipment.
~ Implement preventive maintenance programs and document/manage performance and maintenance records.
~ Support USAF aircrew in effective sensor system utilization/recovery and operational tactics
- A minimum of 6 years of avionics, sensors, electro-optical, Infrared and/or RF hardware engineering/maintenance and/or operational aircrew experience.
- Ability to work in a military flight line environment and extreme weather conditions.
- Ability to perform complex troubleshooting and analysis to correct system discrepancies.
- Experience with Oscilloscopes, Spectrum Analyzers and Digital Multi-meters.
- Possess communication skills necessary for problem resolution with military/corporate customers and vendors.
- Working knowledge of computer systems/networks and UNIX operating systems
- Interact with senior external personnel on significant technical matters, often requiring coordination between organizations.
- Strong teamwork skills – Ability to interact productively with other Raytheon Field Engineers and customers in a diverse team setting.
- Work independently to develop timely and effective solutions to technical problems of various scope and complexity.
- 6 years of computer hardware/software/system integration experience including ground station support, UNIX, and Solaris 8/10 operating systems.
- 6 years of UAVs and/or Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance aircraft maintenance experience.
- Working knowledge of military aircraft maintenance forms, equipment accounts, CAMS/IMDS, and flight line procedures.
6 years of experience with a Bachelor’s Degree. Will consider 8 additional years of experience in lieu of degree requirement. Total of 14 years of experience.
Security Clearance Requirement:
A current, active SECRET (or higher) security clearance is required for this position.
Special Work Requirements:
Work rotating shifts may be required -- possible 12 hour shifts 7 days /week.
Must be willing and capable to work in extreme winter or desert conditions
Possible travel and long work hours
Must be willing and capable to complete military training (no weapons) and wear personal protective equipment equivalent to that of military customers
Must be able to lift 40 pounds and able to sit or stand for long periods of time.
Must be willing and able to receive all inoculations, including the Anthrax Vaccine and the Smallpox Vaccine required by the US military and/or NATO.
This position requires a U.S. Person177995
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.