Afghan Air Force (AAF) Rotary Wing Student Pilot MentorBusinesses Raytheon Intelligence & Space Clearance type None / Not Required Relocation eligible No Ability to Telecommute No telecommuting Job ID 178496BR Most Recent Date Posted 04/20/2021 City AbuDhabi State United Arab Emirates Country United Arab Emirates
Rotary Wing (RW) Pilot Mentor
The Pilot Mentor shall implement and operate programs, practices, and procedures for developing Afghan Air Force student pilots undergoing Initial Rotary Wing pilot training. Mentors will assist Afghan Air Force (AAF) student pilots with remedial English, mathematics and aviation ground school topics. Mentor will help establish a positive working and learning environment for student pilots through the application of basic military standards and discipline. Work location will be at a private aviation-training academy in Al Ain, United Arab Emirates. Mentor may participate in performance review boards and are subject to military grooming standards.
Work may include nights, holidays, and weekends on short notice. Standard will be to conduct Mentoring six (6) days per week for up to eight (8) hours per day while at OCONUS work site(s) and a standard 40 hour work week while in CONUS.
- Participate and mentor the students in military bearing, protocol, leadership, discipline and physical fitness
- Monitor/audit aviation ground school classes being taught by the selected sub-contractor
- Teach conversational English in a non-classroom setting to groups of Afghan students
- Mentor and coach students on professional and personal responsibilities as a military officer
- Mentor shall report to Task Order Manager or as delegated
- Mentor will be responsible for regularly interacting with academy staff as well as US military personnel
- Graduate of a U.S. Military Method of Instruction (MOI) Course or equivalent
- Must have experience in Instructing Instrument Flight in Rotary Wing Aircraft
- Must have experience in Instructing Rotary Wing aircraft basic flight and regulations
- Must have experience in a civilian and/or military aviation program
- Must have experience in professional mentoring
- Strong Project Management ability and skills
- Strong MS Office Skills
- Experience/sensitivity with diverse cultures
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a Common Access Card via the National Agency Check with Inquiries (NACI) process
- Must possess a US Passport with at least 1 year of remaining eligibility
- Possess FAA CFI/CFII certification
- Qualified in the UH-60, MD-530, or similar
- Teaching/Education experience
- Experience working overseas
- Previous experience training and advising foreign military soldiers
- Must meet medical criteria for deployment and living in UAE
Bachelor's degree from accredited school & six (6) years of related experience, OR four (4) years related experience with Master's degree. Eight (8) years of additional equivalent work experience (14 total years) may be accepted in lieu of BA/BS education requirement.
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.