Assistant Test Systems Integrated Product Team Lead (IPTL)/ Aberdeen, MDBusinesses Raytheon Intelligence & Space Clearance type Secret Relocation eligible Yes Ability to Telecommute Temporary telecommuting - during COVID-19 Job ID 182148BR Most Recent Date Posted 07/12/2021 City Aberdeen State MD Country United States
Do you love working with teams? Do you enjoy being in the middle of everything? The Test Automation Department (TAD) of Raytheon Intelligence and Space (RIS) division of Raytheon Technologies is seeking an AssistantTest Systems Integrated Product Team Lead (IPTL) with experience in executing and transitioning test equipment projects (both test hardware and software) across development and production environments.
This IPTL position is an assistant role for Identification Friend or Foe (IFF) programs such as Air Defense Interrogators (ADI) and related Test Systems Engineering efforts located in Aberdeen, Maryland. The Assistant Project Leader will help maintain the execution of the schedule and deliverables, assist with control account manager (CAM), perform at a high operational tempo and demonstrate an ability to react quickly to changes in both the plan and/or priorities while maintaining execution rigor that is appropriate to a production environment. The role will also be a strategic position requiring daily contact with customer counter parts both internal and external. Test strategies will need to be developed as the program transitions from the verification level testing done during development, to the acceptance testing needed for production at the factory location. The position will requiring regular contact with multiple organizations and sites.
Responsibilities include providing technical leadership, control account assistance, guidance and direct interfacing with customer testing organizations as well as working groups, contractors, and Raytheon personnel necessary to provide customers with validated production systems to meet the customer needs and acceptance criteria.
Job Related Activities:
- Assistance with Integrated Product Team Leadership responsibilities for the overall technical execution of the integration, test, validation, and verification of Test Systems Engineering functions.
- Provide communication and interface to program leadership for both internal and external customers.
- Assistant CAM duties to include cost and schedule responsibility for the production test control account, including task management, staffing coordination, variance analysis and earned value reporting. Coordination of resolution of engineering challenges through program and functional management.
- Assist with alignment on system acceptance criteria for internal and external customer test systems, timely production of objective evidence and artifacts to support acceptance of systems. Coordination of acceptance procedures, equipment needs, and equivalent test systems documentation.
- Assist with planning and coordination of test systems design (may include travel as required to support factory transition activities).
- As necessary, lead design reviews, test/production readiness reviews, gate reviews, trade studies and other program/customer reviews as required to keep the team on track.
- Assist with managing Test resources (including people, facilities, and equipment) efficiently to execute the team’s plan.
- Ensuring the consistent application of engineering best practice and all activities undertaken under your control are conducted to common standards in accordance with Raytheon's IPDS processes.
- When required, generate management overview slides (both technical and financial) and present them to both program and functional leadership.
- As needed, lead dialogs with Leadership and customers to resolve technical issues.
- Support the Product Area Chief (PAC) Engineer in developing and managing the technical solution in support of customer needs/requirements.
- When necessary, lead the management of subcontractor technical solutions and as necessary installations.
- Minimum 5 years of experience with knowledge in Test Systems Engineering for both hardware and test software development, integration, verification, validation and maintenance activities within production/manufacturing/product qualification environments
- Understanding of Earned Value Management Systems (EVMS) or similar management tools
- Previous understanding working with budgets and schedules for Test Systems Engineering or equivalent Engineering programs
- Ability to present analytic results to executives in clear language about the implications of Test Systems Engineering or equivalent Engineering program results to the organization
- Ability to organize, coordinate, plan, and provide team building skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Interfacing and collaboration with finance personnel working Test Systems Engineering or equivalent Engineering program financial performance reports
- Agile Methodology Understanding
- Test Systems Engineering or equivalent Engineering experience with Radio Frequency (RF) related products
- Understanding in proposal development including Basis of Estimates (BOE)
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Math, Science or related technical discipline or equivalent experience
- Advanced degree in a related field
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.