NWS Warehouse Person - SanirajakBusinesses Raytheon Intelligence & Space Clearance type Secret Relocation eligible No Ability to Telecommute No telecommuting Job ID 180207BR Most Recent Date Posted 05/20/2021 City Hall Beach Country Canada
The North Warning System (NWS) is a joint Canada and United States radar system that includes 47 sites spanning the Arctic from Labrador to the Alaskan border. The NWS provides the capability to detect airborne threats across North America’s polar region, providing a command and control capability to the Canadian Air Defence Sector (CADS) of the North American Aerospace Defence Command (NORAD).
Raytheon provides Operations and Maintenance (O&M) services for the NWS including full care, custody, and control of the entire system and its components. This includes the radar sites, five logistics support sites (LSSs), a monitoring and control center, and a repair depot. Key activities include maintenance and repair of radar and electronic systems, power generation, and facilities; logistics support; and remote monitoring and control.
Raytheon seeks a Warehouse Person to support the NWS system O&M Contract. The permanent position will be based out of Sanirajak, Nunavut and will consist of a full-time community based employee or a 6x6 rotation.
Note that the rotation may be adjusted to meet ongoing COVID restrictions. Responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Performs inventory control, handles packages & labels materials for storage or shipment.
• Operates material handling equipment and performs manual labour duties, maintains good housekeeping practices.
• Assists in transportation of personnel and trips to long or short range radar sites.
• Participate in the fire brigade
• Assist in the maintenance of the Site libraries.
• Provide wildlife protection
• Conduct environmental, safety, security and quality checks and audits, general housekeeping in support of a healthy and safe workplace environment and taking proactive and corrective measures in these areas.
• Assist in effecting design changes to improve equipment efficiency and/or reducing cost of operation.
• Perform other duties as assigned which are transient in nature.
Desired Knowledge / Skill and Experience
• High school diploma or equivalent
• 3 years’ experience in warehouse operations
• Experience handling Government Furnished Equipment (GFE) and associated control processes
• Experience in shipping/receiving/storing material in a warehouse environment
• Knowledge of inventory control processes and/or software applications
• Experience utilizing inventory control software application on personal computers
• Experience/knowledge of custom control points and processes would be an asset
• Forklift/Manlift license/certification would be an asset
• Must be familiar with safety regulations and practices, including working at heights.
• Must be Standard First Aid trained, including CPR Level A, and hold a valid certificate. Must possess serviceable safety boots that meet standards for workplace safety.
• Must hold a valid class ‘G’ driver’s license, or provincial/territorial equivalent
• Possession and Acquisition License (PAL) would be considered an asset.
Raytheon Canada is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and welcomes a wide diversity of applicants. Raytheon is committed to providing long-term, sustainable and meaningful economic benefits for Inuit Beneficiaries and their communities through activities such as on-the-job training, mentorship and skills development at all levels of employment. If you are an Inuit Beneficiary or a Land Claim Beneficiary from the Nunatsiavut, Nunavut or Inuvialuit Settlement Region you are encouraged to submit your resume.
NWS promotes employment equity as part of the Legislated Employment Equity Program and encourages those who are: a woman, an Aboriginal person, a person with a disability or a member of a visible minority to apply. Individuals contacted for a job opportunity should advise the company of any accommodation measures needed in a timely manner.
Successful completion of security clearances are required by candidate prior to starting on the program. Candidate must complete a criminal reference check and pass a security clearance check to a level as required for the position through the Canadian Government.
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.