Skip to main content
Thank you for your interest in a career at Raytheon Technologies! We will soon upgrade to an improved job application system to simplify the applicant experience. For Raytheon Technologies Corporate, Raytheon Intelligence & Space and Raytheon Missiles & Defense openings, you will still be able to apply through December 20, 2021. For Collins Aerospace and Pratt & Whitney openings, you will still be able to apply through December 22, 2021. On January 4, 2022, our new and improved job application system will launch. Please check back then to see all of our job openings.
Businesses Raytheon Intelligence & Space Clearance type Top Secret - Current Relocation eligible No Ability to Telecommute Temporary telecommuting - during COVID-19 Job ID 179158BR Most Recent Date Posted 10/27/2021 City Arlington State VA Country United States
Watch Officer The Watch Officer performs a wide variety of technical tasks in support of operations, production and test environments. Supports and provides Tier I (Help Desk) and Tier II (Escalation) problem identification, diagnosis and resolution of problems. Provides support for the escalation and communication of status to agency management and internal customers. Observes, analyzes and reports data; and when appropriate makes necessary repairs to equipment. Utilizes various engineering and scientific drawings, manuals and other related documentation in the performance of assigned tasks. This is not a telework/remote position. Position requires 1st shift work 7am-3pm.Required Skills:
- Must have an active/current Top Secret clearance with SCI eligibility.
- Must be able to obtain DHS program suitability prior to starting employment.
- Bachelor's degree with 4 years of relevant experience.
- Experience and/or familiarity with one or more of the following: Solaris, AIX, Red Hat, IRIS, Microsoft Windows (2000, XP, 2003), VMware, SharePoint, Citrix.
- Experience with monitoring system health and status.
- Experience documenting problems and resolutions through a tracking program.
- Experience performing various administrative duties and provide technical assistance, with the supervision of a team leader to remotely located users.
- Tier I experience: General troubleshooting, triage, or performance of specific tasks (i.e. user account creation, password resets/unlocks, share drive access, remote software installations).
- Must be able to work shift schedule
- Experience interfacing with the following groups: software development, testing, integration, deployment, sustainment, maintenance, etc.
- Experience working in an Agile environment desired
- Experience with ITIL methodology desired.
- Experience and/or familiarity with one or more of the following shell scripts: Bourne, C, Krone, Bash, Perl, etc.
- Experience and/or familiarity with one or more of the following: TCP/IP, Cisco switches and routers, VLAN, firewall, VPN, storage arrays (RAID, Blades), etc.
- Experience performing incident response (tiered support model), using an Incident Management System.
- Tier II experience: Prioritize incidents. Perform detailed troubleshooting, root cause analysis. Determine multi-user, multi-system correlations.
- Tier III: Provide system administrative support to correct deficiencies noted in the trouble ticketing system for COTS and GOTS software packages.
- Experience interfacing directly with customer and program management team.
- Experience providing status to program management and input to customer status reports.
- Certified Ethical Hacker (CEH), Cisco Certified Network Associate or Professional (CCNA, CCNP, etc.), Microsoft certifications (MCP, MCDST, MCSA, etc.), Cloud certifications
- DoD 8570.1-M Compliance at IAT Level I
- Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) certification
This position is not a telework or remote position.This position requires a U.S. Person who is eligible to obtain any required Export Authorization.
- Bachelor's degree with 5 years of relevant experience.
- Eight (8) additional years of relevant professional experience may be substituted for a Bachelor’s degree.
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Your Saved Jobs
You have not saved any jobs.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You have no recently viewed jobs.