Senior Principal Engineer, Software Technical LeadBusinesses Collins Aerospace Job ID 01422482 Most Recent Date Posted 09/12/2021 City Los Angeles State California Country United States
Country:United States of America
Location:HCA39: Los Angeles, CA (IMS INC) 5140 West Goldleaf Circle Suite 300, Los Angeles, CA, 90056 USA
The Senior Principal Software Engineer is a technical leader in the Rail projects software division responsible for providing technical oversight, software architectural support across multiple projects.
- Provide direction of project software engineering activities in accordance with organizational goals
- Monitor project performance, providing EAC analysis, and conducting course corrective action as needed
- Provide leadership and direction in the implementation, adherence, and continuous improvement of the software engineering processes and procedures
- Support new proposal and change order pricing estimation and technical solutions
- Provide technical leadership, guidance and direction for team members in identifying, understanding, and resolving technical issues encountered on projects
- Collaborate with peers and other engineering managers within the Surface Transportation and Critical Infrastructure engineering organization to establish best practices for knowledge management, information sharing, and ensuring consistency of engineering processes and solutions across the division
- Participate in bid and proposal activities, including evaluation of customer requirements, identification and development of technical solutions and development of engineering estimates
- Engineering experience in software development, including all phases of the development life-cycle
- Expertise in C/C++ and Java
- Experience with RDBMS, primarily Oracle or Microsoft SQL Server
- Experience working within a formal engineering process-driven environment
- Knowledge of software engineering processes
- Advanced degree in a Science, Technology, Engineering or Math (STEM) discipline
- Expertise in software architectures
- Experience in integration and production systems
- Prior experience working within the rail systems industry
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work independently and in a cross-functional team environment
- This position requires a Bachelor’s degree in the appropriate discipline and 10 years of relevant experience or an Advanced degree in the appropriate discipline and 7 years of relevant experience.In the absence of a degree, 14 years of relevant experience is required.
Collins Aerospace, a Raytheon Technologies company, is a leader in technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for the global aerospace and defense industry. Collins Aerospace has the capabilities, comprehensive portfolio and expertise to solve customers’ toughest challenges and to meet the demands of a rapidly evolving global market.
Our Avionics team advances aviation electronics and information management solutions for commercial and military customers across the world. That means we’re helping passengers reach their destination safely. We’re connecting aircraft operators, airports, rail and critical infrastructure with intelligent data service solutions that keep passengers, flight crews and militaries connected and informed. And we’re providing industry-leading fire protection and safety systems that our customers can count on when it matters most. Are you ready to learn from the most knowledgeable experts in the industry, develop the technologies of tomorrow and reach new heights in your career? Join our Avionics team today.
Diversity drives innovation; inclusion drives success. We believe a multitude of approaches and ideas enable us to deliver the best results for our workforce, workplace, and customers. We are committed to fostering a culture where all employees can share their passions and ideas so we can tackle the toughest challenges in our industry and pave new paths to limitless possibility.
WE ARE REDEFINING AEROSPACE.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
Medical, dental, and vision insurance
Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
Generous 401(k) plan that includes employer matching funds and separate employer retirement contribution, including a Lifetime Income Strategy option
Life insurance and disability coverage
Optional coverages you can buy: Pet Insurance, Home and Auto, additional life insurance, accident insurance, critical illness insurance, group legal
Ovia Health, fertility and family planning
Employee Assistance Plan, including up to 5 free counseling sessions
Redbrick - Incentives for a Healthy You
Doctor on Demand, virtual doctor visits
Best Doctors, second opinion program
Nothing matters more to Collins Aerospace than our strong ethical and safety commitments. As such, all U.S. positions require a background check, which may include a drug screen.
Background check and drug screen required (every external new hire in the U.S.)
Drug Screen only performed on re-hires who have been gone for more than 1 year
At Collins, the paths we pave together lead to limitless possibility. And the bonds we form – with our customers and with each other -- propel us all higher, again and again.
Apply now and be part of the team that’s redefining aerospace, every day.
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms