Sr Principal Engineer - Controls and Actuation Systems Execution LeadBusinesses Raytheon Missiles & Defense Clearance type Secret Relocation eligible Yes Job ID 168539BR Date posted 09/15/2020 City Tucson State AZ Country United States
The position will drive development execution excellence on CAS programs and is responsible for the typical Integrated Product Team functions including planning, execution, CAM, reporting, resource management, technical team management and closely works with the program chief engineer and program manager, supply chain, suppliers, operations, quality and working across the engineering functional discipline spectrum.. Responsibilities also include coordinating program staffing needs and reductions, coaching and mentoring team members, managing program budgets and schedule, an executing world class risk management.
The execution lead will be called upon to provide proposal support including cost ROMs, formal Basis of Estimates, project plans and technology maturity plans.
The Execution Lead will engage senior management and senior technical leaders on a variety of topics and must possess superior organizational, presentation and tactical execution skills as well as being able to communicate effectively and confidently demonstrating sound emotional intelligence.
- Ten (10) years of overall engineering experience in systems, electrical or mechanical design, and/or in the development of Control Actuation Systems in all development phases.
- Prior leadership roles (frontline or project leader)
- Five (5) years direct experience in hardware engineering design, development and production support
- Experience in military/aerospace applications and environments
- Bachelor of Science in any engineering discipline, mathematics or physics.
- US citizenship is required
- Twelve (12) or more years of overall engineering experience systems, electrical or mechanical design, preferably in the development of Control Actuation Systems in all development phases.
- Taking projects from requirements development through qualification.
- Earned-Value Management certification
- Program management level 6 certified (level 5+ preferred).
- Masters of Science in an Engineering discipline, mathematics or physics.
- Willingness to travel, including international
- Familiarity with Engineering Labor Forecasting
- Excellent written and verbal skills
- Proven multitasking skills
- Demonstrated excellence in past work performance
- Working knowledge or experience with either missile design or development, production support and integration
- Experience with Military Missile systems and electronics
- Experience with the proposal capture process (development of compliant basis of estimates and ROMs)
- Familiarity with the Estimate at Complete Process
- Six Sigma certified and demonstrated ability to implement change
- Demonstrated team player, with excellent collaboration and mentoring skills
- Demonstrated advocate for process improvement (e.g., CMMI, R6s), team builder and able to build strong relationships and effectively collaborate with internal and external resources.
Raytheon Technologies is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.