Sr Systems Engineer IIBusinesses Raytheon Missiles & Defense Clearance type Secret Relocation eligible Yes Job ID 165889BR Date posted 07/30/2020 City Tucson State AZ Country United States
- Domestic and international travel
- Innovative rapid prototyping
- Supporting live-fire testing of our products
- Designing, developing or using commercial software for simulation and test equipment environments
- Designing, developing or integrating methods and equipment to effectively test systems.
The Systems Integration and Test (SI&T) Directorate is seeking an Integrated Product Team Lead (IPTL) for the TSSC. The candidate will be leading a multi-disciplined team composed of various engineering disciplines (Electrical, Software, Mechanical, Firmware/Configurable logic, etc.). The candidate will be responsible for reviewing program requirements, contributing to the desired test architecture, generating cost estimates, creating proposals (Basis of Estimate-BOE), building an integrated project (resource loaded) schedule and successfully executing to the plan, meeting with program managers, providing metrics, managing sustainment activities and teams, coordinating with functional management, and coordinating resources for both development and sustaining projects. The candidate will also be responsible for reporting progress for an Earned Value Management System program. The qualified candidate will also be expected to conform to a process driven environment (e.g. TSSC One Page process), following procedures and practices established to guide a project through the different phases of test equipment implementation including design, fabrication, documentation, and support.
The selected candidate will participate on multidiscipline engineering teams reviewing designs, development and integration of test products within TSSC. The candidate will also be responsible for mentoring other IPT.
U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position needs an active U.S. Secruity Clearance as of day one of employment.
This position can be a Sr. Systems Engineer II (G09) or Principal Systems Engineer (G10) based on the candidate's qualifications as they relate to the skills, experience and responsibility requirements for the position.
Required Education, Skills, and Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree in Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics (STEM) field.
- G09: Minimum of 6 years of systems design experience with the demonstrated ability to apply advanced technical principles, theories, and concepts across multiple engineering disciplines
- G10: A minimum of 8 years of systems design experience with the demonstrated ability to apply advanced technical principles, theories, and concepts across multiple engineering disciplines
- Proven technical leadership in leading senior multi-discipline engineers to drive innovative solutions and rapid results
- Proven system design and analysis experience spanning conceptual design through detailed design and system integration
- Demonstrated experience with Earned Value Management System (EVMS) reporting as well as bid and proposal experience
- Demonstrated experienced with building and successful execution of a resource loaded MS Project schedule
- U.S. Citizenship is required
- Master of Science degree in Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics (STEM)
- ABET is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard
- Experience with test equipment design and manufacturing test engineering
- Certified Cost Account Manager with experience handling accounts greater than $10M in value
- Knowledgeable in the application of Model Based Engineering (MBE) development
- Risk and opportunity management experience
- Patents, Papers and Publications in related technical field
- Excellent people skills and mentoring capabilities of senior engineers
- Excellent technical writing and formal presentation skills
Raytheon Technologies is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.