Future Vertical Lift (FVL) Associate Director - Program ManagementBusinesses Raytheon Intelligence & Space Clearance type Secret - Current Relocation eligible Yes Ability to Telecommute Temporary telecommuting - during COVID-19 Job ID 190088BR Most Recent Date Posted 10/17/2021 City Dallas State TX Country United States
The U.S. Army is developing a modern Future Vertical Lift (FVL) aircraft fleet to maintain army aviation’s vertical lift dominance over enemy forces in future multi-domain operations. Advanced mission system solutions are required to support sensing, targeting, communications, navigation, situational awareness, and platform survivability. Raytheon Intelligence & Space (RI&S) is pursuing a leading role in the development, production, and sustainment of FVL Mission Systems.
The FVL Mission Systems Program Manager will report to the Radar Sensor Systems (RSS) Vice President within the Intelligence, Surveillance & Reconnaissance Systems (ISRS) product line and lead a multi-disciplinary team responsible for capture and execution of mission systems contracts and any associated investments. The Program Manager will serve as a key member of the RSS leadership team and support the RSS Vice President and ISRS leadership in developing executable strategies for mission systems portfolio growth across the diverse U.S. Army and U.S. Special Operations Command customer base. This is a senior level leadership position requiring a seasoned program management professional. The FVL Mission Systems Program Manager will be responsible for leading the successful capture and execution of near-term annual revenue and investments, with expectation of substantial future franchise revenue growth as part of an annual $8-10B total addressable market for industry.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Partner with the Raytheon FVL capture executive, chief engineer, IPT leads, functional teammates, and subcontractors to ensure successful capture and execution of FVL Mission Systems contracts and investments, achieving all program milestones on schedule and within budget. Collaborate across all RI&S product lines, RMD, Collins Aerospace, Pratt & Whitney, and with
- Know Raytheon Technologies products, services and emerging technologies. Be prepared to explain capabilities to the customer to solve both short-term capability gaps and emerging requirements.
- Engage with executive leadership up to General Officer and Senior Executive Service DoD customer levels, industry executives, and Raytheon Technologies senior leadership including RMD, Collins Aerospace, and Pratt & Whitney.
- Support Congressional and Professional Staffer engagements as needed to develop and strengthen relationships and promote advocacy for Raytheon Technologies solutions.
- Plan and manage an annual budget for IRAD/Capital investments and programs ranging from traditional CRAD contracts to complex Middle Tier Acquisition procurement constructs with customers ranging from aircraft platform prime contractors to DoD and withheld end customers.
- Coordinate with RI&S functional organizations to ensure they have clear and specific guidance and support to achieve FVL Mission Systems milestones.
- Identify and resolve issues on the program or escalate to product line leadership and customers as appropriate.
- Lead the quarterly Estimate at Complete process for FVL Mission Systems contracts and provide monthly status briefings to ISRS vice president and leadership team and quarterly to RI&S leadership.
- Typically requires a minimum of 12 years of experience in the aerospace and defense sector (or equivalent government/military service), with successful competitive program capture and execution leadership with responsibility on contracts exceeding $50M in annual sales.
- Raytheon Program Management Certification or government/industry equivalent within policy requirements
- Strong financial acumen and experience managing strategic program execution to include cost, schedule, and technical performance with effective application of risk/opportunity management principles.
- Excellent customer relationship skills, including proven ability to interface in a complex customer environment while achieving mutual success and growing the business.
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate across the business to provide winning, best value customer solutions.
- Experience in developing complex program infrastructures and managing large mixed hardware/software development programs.
- Must have understanding of the aerospace & defense marketplace and experience participating in large scale proposal and capture efforts.
- Exceptional communicator and team builder, with the confidence and integrity to quickly earn the confidence of U.S. Army and U.S. Special Operations Command leadership, aircraft prime customers, and subcontractor teammates.
- US Citizenship is required
- Current DoD Secret security clearance with investigation completed within the last 6 years.
- Expertise within U.S. Army Aviation and the U.S. Army Acquisition customer domain along with familiarity with Army Futures Command and U.S. Special Operations Command.
- Current relationships and experience with the selected FVL air vehicle platform prime contractors.
- Background with the development and operations of current/planned U.S. Army manned and unmanned aircraft systems.
- Familiarity with Middle Tier Acquisition (Section 804) rapid acquisition approach in additional to traditional DoD acquisition framework (DOD Directive 5000.01).
- In-depth understanding of radar, EO/IR, communications, and EW technologies and systems.
- Background with building positive relationships and engaging on Capitol Hill regarding Army procurements to persuade support of stakeholder objectives.
- Experience leading large scale proposal and capture efforts.
- Track record with Intra- and Inter-Business and Corporate interaction supporting program or functional execution.
- Current DoD Top Secret / SCI security clearance with investigation completed within the last 6 years.
Raytheon Technologies is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, disability, or Vietnam era, or other eligible veteran status, or any other protected factor.
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.