Associate Director, Hypersonics Program ManagerBusinesses Raytheon Missiles & Defense Clearance type Secret - Current Relocation eligible Yes Ability to Telecommute Part time telecommuting Job ID 190120BR Most Recent Date Posted 10/17/2021 City Tucson State AZ Country United States
Here at Raytheon Technologies, we work together as one global team creating trusted, innovative solutions to make the world a safer place. Our innovation spans all domains: from land and sea to air, space and cyberspace. We’re inspired by a noble mission that’s shared by employees around the globe and an inclusive culture that empowers employees and celebrates their contributions.
Business Unit Profile
A global business headquartered in Tucson, Arizona, Raytheon Missiles & Defense brings customers the industry’s most advanced end-to-end solutions, delivering the advantage of one innovative partner to detect, track and defeat threats. RMD supports 29 countries around the world with a broad portfolio which includes air and missile defense systems, precision weapons, radars, command and control systems, and advanced defense technologies. RMD provides affordable, integrated solutions to a broad international and domestic customer base; we are one team with the expertise to look across the entire mission area and quickly deliver comprehensive solutions.
The Advanced Hypersonics Weapons Directorate within Raytheon Missiles and Defense’ (RMD) Advanced Technologies (AT) Mission Area is seeking a Program Manager (PM) for the Common Hypersonics Glide Body (CHGB) Block 0/1 program. The CHGB was designed by Sandia National Labs, and the glide body is being deployed by the Army as part of their LRHW system, and by the Navy in their CPS program. As part of this transition, the government CHGB design and production is being transferred to industry. RMD is part of the industry transition team and is currently providing engineering support to the government to industry transition effort, as well as qualification and production of the GB fuze and the elevon control module (ECM). The Block 0/1 effort is being executed under a subcontract to Dynetics, the prime contractor to the Army for CHGB production. RMD’s participation in these two programs and successful execution of this work scope supports the company’s effort to become a recognized leader in the hypersonics arena. The CHGB Block 0/1 Program Manager has responsibility for all aspects of the work scope under the Dynetics subcontract, including level of effort engineering support onsite at the Dynetics Huntsville AL facility and the Sandia facility, establishment of ECM integration and test capability in Tucson, and delivery of fuze hardware from the RMD supplier. This position will report to the Program Director responsible for the Demonstration Programs Capability Area within the Hypersonics Directorate.
The CHGB Block 0/1 Program Manager is responsible for leading a multi-functional team, to execute work scope under the Dynetics subcontract, and to work with Dynetics to grow additional scope in support of CHGB production. The PM will utilize program management tools and metrics as appropriate to assign budgets, track performance against schedule and cost accruals, and communicate with AT leadership and the Dynetics customer as the effort proceeds. The government program offices for deployment of the LRHW and CPS systems are driving a ‘go fast’ culture, which often results in parallel efforts to define technical and programmatic requirements with actual task execution. The PM needs to work within this environment which balance the drive for meeting an expedites schedule with the need to maintain program discipline and product quality. The PM will work with the Dynetics management to define tasking that meets the expectations of the Army customer.
This position requires organization skills and effective attention to detail. The PM will coordinate a program team across both programmatic and technical fusions, including engineering, operations, supply chain, contracts, and finance. The PM will need to lead the team to meet the contractual requirements under our subcontract, understanding how to work for the prime contractor (Dynetics). The PM is responsible for application of program management tools to monitor team performance, including schedule and cost, in a way that defines a clear program plan and drives consistency into the planning process. The PM will need to work effectively and diplomatically with the customer to bring order to chaos, in on a highly dynamic and sometimes ambiguous program environment. The ability to work independently is an asset. Strong proficiency in communications with AT leadership, the customer community, and with the program team is required.
This position requires minimal domestic travel. It is considered a hybrid position, with work hours split between remote and onsite activities.
This position requires a current Secret U.S. Security Clearance. Except in rare circumstances, only U.S. citizens are eligible for a security clearance.
Qualifications you must have:
- U.S. Citizenship is required
- A current Secret US Security Clearance.
- 12+ years’ professional experience, including program management and leadership experience.
- Experience leading a diverse team consisting of multiple functional areas.
- Experience managing risk, cost, quality, and schedule performance
- Leadership experience to include experience developing or mentoring others
- Bachelor’s degree (concentration in STEM Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics, or related field preferred)
Qualifications we value:
- Strong background in managing all functions and business growth coupled with both development and front end of the business experience.
- Proven track record of strong customer relationship building and partnership.
- Exposure to strategic planning and ability to analyze and evaluate missions, requirements, technologies and capabilities
- Raytheon Technologies’ Program Management Certification Level 3 or Level 4 (or external equivalency), with ability to obtain higher Missile Systems program management certification as required
- Strong proficiency in partnering in matrixed organizations such as finance, contracts, engineering, and supply chain
- Proficiency in developing and presenting Technology Roadmaps, Program EACs, and program planning to senior management, and responsibility for executing approved plans
- Ability to manage, track and report metrics and progress through EAC reviews and finance reviews or equivalent process review
- Ability to mentor early career team members
- Ability to focus, evaluate, motivate and reward the teams, enabling them to achieve desired results
- EVMS Certified
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.