Senior Principal Project Engineer - SIPTBusinesses Collins Aerospace Job ID 01477222 Most Recent Date Posted 10/03/2021 City Rockford State Illinois Country United States
Country:United States of America
Location:A01: Rockford - Aerospace 4747 Harrison Avenue, Rockford, IL, 61125 USA
Collins is seeking an experienced Senior Principal Project Engineering professional to lead Aerospace development programs in the role of Systems Integration Product Team (SIPT) lead.
- Leading efforts to meet system level requirements, system definition, development, testing and initial production
- Leading efforts to investigate field performance issues and drive RCCA to closure
- Develop and execute plans necessary to meet key programmatic and customer milestones (hardware deliveries, qualification activities, customer lab/flight test A/C support activities)
- Efforts will include work scope management, address RFQs, customer interface and action item closure, schedule, EVMS, Risk, Standard Work management
- Efforts will also include Collins supply chain and supplier management
- Create and monitor key metrics (budget, quality, and schedule) and implement appropriate corrective actions to address negative trends
- Develop, justify, and manage the annual budget and secure the necessary resources
- Maintain a high level of customer and quality focus
- Identify risks and implement appropriate mitigation plans
- Effectively communicate written and oral status reports to the program, management, and customer
- Bachelor’s degree and 10 years of relevant experience OR
- Advance degree and 7 years of relevant experience OR
- In absence of a degree, 14 years of relevant experience is required
- Must be a U.S. Person/Permanent Resident “Green Card” holder
- Degree in engineering or technical discipline
- Project management experience
- Experience leading and working with multidisciplinary teams
- Aerospace industry experience
- Familiarity with industry design standards
- Familiarity with FAA conformity rules and management
- PMP certification
- Ability to manage several, concurrent medium-large scale development projects
Collins Aerospace, a Raytheon Technologies company, is a leader in technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for the global aerospace and defense industry. Collins Aerospace has the capabilities, comprehensive portfolio and expertise to solve customers’ toughest challenges and to meet the demands of a rapidly evolving global market.
We make modern flight possible for millions of travelers and our military every second. Our major product lines are on-board virtually every aircraft flying. Be it keeping passengers safe with our emergency power generation systems or creating a positive in flight experience through reliable cabin pressure controls and quieter engines, Power & Controls focuses on delivering a best-in-class experience to our customers. We hire the top people in the industry. Their ideas drive our performance, and their integrity keeps our customers happy. Join us as we take flight!
Collins Aerospace Diversity & Inclusion Statement:
Diversity drives innovation; inclusion drives success. We believe a multitude of approaches and ideas enable us to deliver the best results for our workforce, workplace, and customers. We are committed to fostering a culture where all employees can share their passions and ideas so we can tackle the toughest challenges in our industry and pave new paths to limitless possibility.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
- Generous 401(k) plan that includes employer matching funds and separate employer retirement contribution, including a Lifetime Income Strategy option
- Tuition reimbursement
- Life insurance and disability coverage
- Optional coverages you can buy: Pet Insurance, Home and Auto, additional life insurance, accident insurance, critical illness insurance, group legal
- Ovia Health, fertility and family planning
- Employee Assistance Plan, including up to 5 free counseling sessions
- Redbrick - Incentives for a Healthy You
- Autism Benefit
- Doctor on Demand, virtual doctor visits
- Adoption Assistance
- Best Doctors, second opinion program
- And more!
Nothing matters more to Collins Aerospace than our strong ethical and safety commitments. As such, all U.S. positions require a background check, which may include a drug screen.
- Background check and drug screen required (every external new hire in the U.S.)
- Drug Screen only performed on re-hires who have been gone for more than 1 year
At Collins, the paths we pave together lead to limitless possibility. And the bonds we form – with our customers and with each other -- propel us all higher, again and again.
Apply now and be part of the team that’s redefining aerospace, every day.
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms