Sr Project EngineerBusinesses Pratt & Whitney Job ID 01474268 Most Recent Date Posted 09/30/2021 City East Hartford State Connecticut Country United States
Country:United States of America
Location:PW100: East Hartford 400 Main Street, East Hartford, CT, 06118 USA
Pratt & Whitney is working to, once again, transform the future of flight—designing, building and servicing engines unlike any the world has ever seen. And because transformation begins from within, we’re seeking the people to drive it. So, calling all curious.
Come ready to explore and you’ll find a place where your talent takes flight—beyond the borders of title, a country, or your comfort zone. Bring your passion and commitment and we’ll welcome you into a tight-knit team that takes our mission personally. Channel your drive to make a difference into shaping an organization and an industry that’s evolving fast to the future.
Where the difference you make is on display every day. Just look up.
Are you ready to go beyond?
Pratt & Whitney Compression Systems Engineering group seeks a goal-oriented, detail-focused Project Engineer to work in the Component Integrated Product Team (CIPT). Although responsibilities are not permanent, primary focus with be as the PW1100G Low Pressure Compressor (LPC) Partner Integrator and Field Event Lead. Our PW1100G LPC partner is working to develop their Lifing System to correlate to PW’s Lifing System. The selected candidate with be our Project Engineer working as a liaison between our two companies, to lead this harmonization effort. And as our partner’s personnel are stationed in Japan, the selected candidate will need to be available to meet with our partner’s personnel when they are available. This may entail early morning or early evening meetings. The selected candidate will also lead PW1100G LPC Field Event investigations, including but not limited to, event review, Safety Risk Assessment, Root Cause Fault Tree generation, Corrective Action determination, formulation of subsequent Field activities, and represent the CIPT in Regulatory Agency discussions and meetings. This position requires proven leadership, excellent communication skills, established technical knowledge, and well-rounded general Project Engineering skills.
- Coordinate and lead Partner\PW Harmonization activities to develop Partner capabilities & tools.
- Coordinate and lead PW1100G Field Event Investigations to meet company & regulatory milestones and deliverables.
- Plan & manage harmonization schedules in accordance with program required milestones.
- Prepare and present Field Event status and technical content to the CIPT, Cold Section Engineering management, and regulatory agencies.
- Perform risk assessments and develop / manage risk mitigation plans.
- Lead and execute Fleet Sustainment initiatives.
- Review and process Class 1 & 2 engineering changes.
- Demonstrate the ability to organize and execute several components of complex tasks. Proficiency with Teamcenter, MS Project, PowerPoint, and Excel a plus.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical, Project or Aerospace Engineering or equivalent experience and 5+ years of prior relevant experience, OR a Master’s Degree in a related field and 3+ years of prior relevant experience.
- Up to 10% Travel.
- Work Schedule: Hybrid (Combination of both on-site and remote).
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to develop effective working relationships.
- Experience and understanding of project management and planning.
- Ability to effectively team across organizations to accomplish goals.
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms