Principal Electrical Engineer - RF Wireless CommunicationBusinesses Raytheon Missiles & Defense Clearance type Secret Relocation eligible Yes Ability to Telecommute Temporary telecommuting - during COVID-19 Job ID 186547BR Most Recent Date Posted 08/29/2021 City Tucson State AZ Country United States
At Raytheon Missiles & Defense, you have the opportunity to try new things and make a bigger difference across a broader end-to-end solution, a richer technology and product set, an expanded range of disciplines, a growing global footprint and a more diverse team of colleagues and customers.
The RF Products Department is currently searching for Electrical Engineers who have experience designing wireless communication and data links. This role includes design and test activities that span preliminary design to integration. Products we develop support datalink applications on a variety of tactical missile programs.
The Data Link subsystems team develops the next generation of high capacity, covert, and agile data links. From space based to terrestrial RF links, Raytheon develops RF data link subsystems for the most challenging environments. As a member of this team within the RF Products department your tasks may include:
- Communications systems design
- Data link hardware development
- Algorithm development
- Digital signal processing
Responsibilities to Anticipate:
- Perform and/or evaluate concept and performance trade studies, link budget analyses and demonstrate developed capabilities for data link communication applications.
- Perform hardware and software Communication Architecture trade studies.
- Develop, prototype, and test data link models and communication signal processing algorithms in detailed high fidelity simulations and support hardware implementation.
- Testing, verifying and validating communication and signal processing algorithm requirements and performance in laboratory or field test environments.
- Provide engineering support through participation in project design reviews, peer reviews, briefings to internal leadership and external customers for all phases of development tasks.
Qualifications You Must Have:
- Bachelor of Science degree in Electrical Engineering or Computer Engineering
- A minimum of eight (8) years of experience in programming and / or simulation experience in MATLAB, SIMULINK, C/C++, or equivalent language.
- Eight (8) years of experience and / or coursework with two or more of the following:
- Communication theory
- Digital signal processing
- Probability theory
- Stochastic signal processing
- RF and electromagnetic theory
Qualifications We Value:
- Master’s degree in Electrical Engineering or Computer Engineering with a focus in digital communications, communications systems design, data link hardware development, waveform algorithm development, and or digital signal processing.
- Experience with system engineering of RF subsystems.
- Experience with waveform simulations using modulations schemes such as: PSK, FSK, OFDM, and QAM.
- Familiar with common RF impairments: Phase noise, multipath, and Doppler.
- Link budget and propagation modeling for end to end system evaluation.
- Strong understanding of RF transceiver and front end design and common tradeoffs in RF designs for communication systems.
- Familiarity with antenna design parameters.
- Familiarity with fixed point algorithm simulations for VHDL verification.
- Familiarity with wireless fading model simulation.
- Knowledge of Layer 2 and above.
- Strong technical and interpersonal skills with desire to support enterprise initiatives.
- Ability to prepare documentation with minimal oversight.
- Background in designing for manufacturability, producibility, and cost constraints.
- Group management skills, leadership skills and strong communication skills.
- Strong problem solving skills with ability to proactively identify alternate solutions to overcome difficult technical challenges.
- Experience leading multidiscipline teams to develop RF Products.
- Background in managing costs and schedule.
- Working on front end of the business such as proposals and technology roadmaping.
Whether you’re just starting out on your career journey or are an experienced professional, we offer a robust total rewards package that goes above and beyond with compensation; healthcare, wellness, retirement and work/life benefits; career development and recognition programs. Some of the superior benefits we offer include parental (including paternal) leave, flexible work schedules, achievement awards, educational assistance and child/adult backup care.
This position requires the eligibility to obtain a security clearance. Non-US citizens may not be eligible to obtain a security clearance. The Defense Industrial Security Clearance Office (DISCO), an agency of the Department of Defense, handles and adjudicates the security clearance process. More information about Security Clearances can be found on the US Department of State government website here: https://www.state.gov/m/ds/clearances/c10978.htm
This position is located in beautiful Tucson, AZ. Tucson has a friendly, caring and laid-back atmosphere, combined with the innovation and energy of a metropolitan region and recognized as one of America’s 10 Best Small Cities. Surrounded by beautiful mountains, colorful Sonoran Desert landscape and majestic saguaro cacti, Tucson is blessed with some of nature’s best work. Tucson is known for its bright blue skies, and with more than 310 sunny days per year, Tucson’s fantastic weather lets residents enjoy the outdoors year-round.
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.