Equipment Support Project Manager - Mechanical / Electrical MaintenanceBusinesses Raytheon Intelligence & Space Clearance type SC Relocation eligible No Job ID 185288BR Most Recent Date Posted 10/04/2021 Country United Kingdom
Location: Torpoint, Plymouth
Raytheon Technologies is playing a major role in revolutionising the Royal Navy’s training management culture, helping to make the UK Armed Forces more agile and adaptable than ever, and giving them the confidence to tackle future challenges.
In partnership with Capita, Elbit UK, and Fujitsu, will ensure the Royal Navy offers best-in-class training to servicemen and women. We will accelerate the use of new technology, processes and learning solutions, aligning with the Royal Navy’s transformation agenda and positioning it to thrive in the 21st century.
This new partnership further strengthens Raytheon s role as a proven strategic partner to the Ministry of Defence (MoD) and the UK government, building on a legacy of experience training the UK Royal Air Force and Royal Navy. It consolidates Raytheon UK’s commitment to investing long-term in the UK to keep the country secure, the economy strong and the UK armed forces safe.
Summary of Role:
The Equipment Support Project Manager role is responsible to the Raytheon Training equipment Project Manager formanaging the introduction, through-life support, and surrender/disposal activity of Training Equipment (TE) on behalf of the Authority within the Selborne contract
To lead and project manage the delivery of the Raytheon provisioned training equipment projects of Selborne Training Equipment Service across the Selborne naval training estate.
The Project Manager will achieve this through the delivery of high-quality training support tasks in line with Raytheon company standards and Selborne contractual requirements.
The roles main duties will include but not be limited to:
- Manage the initiation and delivery of training projects as prioritised by TEPMT Senior Project Manager.
- Assist the authority/IPTs and nominated contractors in the production of TNAs.
- Engage with key stakeholders to facilitate the delivery of specific training projects.
- Undertake planning and coordination activities for training projects ensuring 3rd party contractors and IPTs are involved.
- Assist in the validation of the through life support arrangements for training equipment’s.
- Engage with relevant design authority to initiate technical refreshes.
- Assist in the maintenance of the establishment’s 3-year Training Equipment surrender and disposal programme.
- Coordinate the disposal of redundant TE in accordance with MoD procedures, ensuring legislative requirements are observed.
- Coordinate the Training Equipment trials and acceptance process.
- Supervise the handover of new TE to the Training Groups.
- Ensure Company health, safety and environmental procedures are always implemented and complied with for all employees/personnel on site under your direction.
- The successful candidate must be able to achieve the appropriate security clearance level for this role.
- Previous experience of Project Management either Prince2 Practitioner or APMP qualified.
- An adequate knowledge of and compliance with the Health and Safety policy and regulations consistent with their responsibilities.
- Experience of applying engineering/electrical principles practically in a military technical environment.
- Qualified academically or vocationally to a minimum of ONC or equivalent in relevant subject matter.
- NEBOSH or IOSH Level 3 Managing Safely.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively with project team members, clients, and superiors at all levels and in all areas of management.
- Good commercial awareness and an understanding of contract and commercial management.
- Experience of Project and Risk Analysis and Management techniques.
- Holds a UK Driving Licence (occasional travel between UK sites).
- Able to obtain Security Cleared (SC) clearance.
- Has working experience of technical maintenance requirements (electrical, mechanical and/or relevant training equipment); engaging as necessary with OEM/provider to remain current with new technology and equipment.
- Project management financial experience.
- Observes and complies with safe working procedures and the Health and Safety at Work Act – has demonstrable experience and understanding of regulatory requirements and commitment to compliance.
- Demonstrates a commitment to continuing professional development (CPD).
- Works collaboratively with colleagues and others within and outside the organisation.
- Demonstrates effective communication skills.
- A good working knowledge of Microsoft Project, Word and Excel.
- Bachelor’s degree in Instructional Technology or related field
- Qualified academically or vocationally to a minimum of ONC or equivalent in relevant subject matter
- Six Sigma and/or PMP certification or equivalent
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.