Principal Electrical Engineering Technical Lead - Special Test Equipment (Electro-Optical / Infrared Space Hardware)Businesses Raytheon Intelligence & Space Clearance type Secret Relocation eligible Yes Ability to Telecommute No telecommuting Job ID 186094BR Most Recent Date Posted 09/08/2021 City El Segundo State CA Country United States
We have an exciting opportunity for a Principal Electrical Engineering Technical Lead - Special Test Equipment (Electro-Optical / Infrared Space Hardware) to join the Space Test Automation team at our El Segundo, California campus to further help evolve our technology and grow our business into new domains and markets.
In this role you will be responsible for technical and program leadership of a Special Test Equipment team for the design, development, assembly, Integration & Test (I&T), and validation of Electrical Engineering Special Test Equipment (STE) for Space Hardware.
The ideal candidate for this position is someone who is passionate about leadership, diversity & inclusion, advances in technology, has an innovative mindset, dedicated to catalyzing continuous improvements, and enjoys proactive interaction and collaboration with multiple engineering teams and functional disciplines.
Security Clearance Requirement: The ability to obtain and maintain a U.S. Secret Security Clearance is required. U.S. citizenship is required as only U.S. citizens are eligible for a Security Clearance.
• 8 + years of Electrical Engineering team leadership experience
• Experience generating Electrical Interconnect Diagrams (EICDs),Electrical test equipment drawings, schematics, rack layouts, and/or Design Under Test (DUT) test fixtures
• Engineering Lab experience leading the integration, test activities, and validation of Electrical Special Test Equipment (STE) hardware, software, and firmware•Broad understanding of Electro-Optical / Infrared (EO/IR) Engineering fundamentals and applications. (Mechanical Engineering and/or Optical Hardware experience preferred).
• Knowledge in supporting and delivering program status presentations throughout the engineering product lifecycle for executive leadership, functional management, and/or senior level internal / external stakeholders
• Ability to support formal review packages, such as Test Readiness Review (TRR), Failure Review Board (FRB), Material Review Board (MRB), and/or Consent to Ship Review (CTSR)
• The ability to obtain and maintain a U.S. Secret Security Clearance is required. (An active/current Secret, Top Secret, SSBI or above level Security Clearance highly preferred)
• Defense Space Systems experience
• Prior experience designing production / manufacturing Electrical Special Test Equipment (STE) systems for Space Hardware
• Management of mechanical support test equipment and/or optical test equipment for Space Hardware
• Standard Engineering industry tools, including: DOORS, Visio, Mentor Graphics, AutoCAD and/or Test Stand
Education and Experience Requirements:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics, or related STEM Degree Program (Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering, Robotics Engineering, and/or Aerospace Engineering highly preferred) with 8+ years' of relevant experience required, OR
• Master's Degree in Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics, or related STEM Degree Program (Master’s Degree Master’s Degree in Electrical Engineering, Robotics Engineering, and/or Aerospace Engineering highly preferred) with 6+ years' of relevant experience required
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.