Senior Facilities Engineer/Project ManagerBusinesses Raytheon Technologies Corporate Clearance type None / Not Required Relocation eligible No Ability to Telecommute Part time telecommuting Job ID 184378BR Most Recent Date Posted 08/17/2021 City Andover State MA Country United States
This is an engineering and project management position that is focused on the management of construction projects from initiation through closeout while achieving all prescribed cost and schedule metrics through expertise and application of RTX processes and tools.
The successful candidate will be adept at working in a team environment and communicating with a broad base of individuals including internal Raytheon stakeholders and facility managers, architects, engineers from all disciplines, general contractors, and subcontractors to collect requirements, estimate budgets, develop project execution plans, schedule and manage project execution including design, construction and close out. Projects will vary in type to include new building construction, civil infrastructure, office, laboratory and manufacturing space renovations.
This role oversees the planning, design, construction, and alteration of buildings, structures, and other facilities, utilizes standard RTX processes and documentation to capture and mature customer requirements, develop RFP’s/statements of work, develop budgetary estimates, and create project execution schedules, solicits proposals for A&E services, general contractor, and subcontractor services. Performs bid evaluation, selection, and purchase order issuance process.
In this role you will respond to internal requests for engineering services – develop project requirements through engagements with key stakeholders and develops cost and schedule estimates, defines the critical technical requirements for the project through information gathering with the customer and key stakeholders including required completion date, key construction milestones and construction feasibility.
You will also guide architecture/engineering firms in developing design criteria and preparing layout and detail drawings; preparing bid documents, and prepares bid sheets and contracts for construction and facilities acquisition including reviewing and estimating design costs of equipment, installation, labor, materials, preparation, and other related costs.
Additional responsibilities include managing execution of construction projects including construction administration, managing cost and schedule to budget, contractor management, inspection of construction and installation progress to ensure conformance to established drawings, specifications, and schedules and project close out
Travels to project locations to frequently to ensure work is conducted in a safe and efficient manner
- Strong experience developing cost estimates, managing quality, scope and budgets, executing procurement plans and providing creative solutions for risk and opportunity management.
- Working knowledge of building infrastructure such as civil, mechanical, electrical and plumbing systems and demonstrates advanced technical knowledge in building construction
- Ability to coordinate construction activities with other building design disciplines such as architectural, mechanical, electrical, plumbing, structural, civil and security
- Experience managing multiple projects concurrently and working in a matrix environment
- Strong analytical skills to decipher the essential project requirements and deliverables and enlist the necessary resources to achieve those goals
- CAD drawing skills demonstrating the ability to document existing field conditions, to propose new concepts, communicate building component relationships to others, as well as organize technical information
- Excellent communication skills including the ability to interface and present to leadership, internal customers, information technology, security, construction trade workers and subcontractors
- Working knowledge of State Building Codes
- Solid computer skills including proficiency with AutoCAD 2017+, Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Project, and Outlook.
- Experience in design and construction management
- Experience in executing civil engineering projects
- Experience in managing office, manufacturing, and laboratory construction projects
- Willingness to travel domestically within U.S.
- Professional Licensure in Engineering
- PMP Certification
- Certified Construction Manager
Required Education and Experience:
- This role typically requires a Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering, Construction Management, Electrical Engineering or related discipline and a minimum of 5+ years of prior relevant experience in building construction, design and project management
- This position requires the eligibility to obtain a security clearances. Except in rare circumstances, only U.S. citizens are eligible for a security clearance
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.